Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SilverBack
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3yr extended warranty on my 05 RT, 3rd party though as i bought my Mag from a Chevy dealership. Is it worth it to go ahead and get the Chrysler factory backked extended warranty? I've heard bad things about my warranty, even from a dodge dealer I took my mag to for 60k maintenance.

These are the details:

I plan on keeping this car, should I spend the extra on a 2nd, "legit" warranty?
For my mileage, Chrysler offers either 3yrs unlimited miles, or 5 yrs 70k miles. Thoughts?

·
06 Dodge Van Magnum
4,843 Posts
When I bought mine "brand new" I wasn't sure if I wanted to get the extended warranty but decided for it anyways, it goes through Zurich and I'm not even exaggerating when I say its the best customer service and coverage i've ever heard of.
- Free rentals.
- Free hotel room if the car breaks further then 100miles

I'd say get it depending on what company it goes through and what the coverage protects

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
Thats weird, I just went to the dealership where I bought my mag, bought her new in '07, its an '06, was just never sold. They told me the longest extended warranty they offer is 7 years, either 50, 60, or 70,000 miles, but the key is that starts from the purchase date of the car, so I bought mine in June of '07, when my 3 year 36,000 mile warranty is up I will have another 4 years of warranty or the mileage limit, whichever comes first, they wanted $1,080 for the 7 year 50,000 mile warranty, which will be plenty, my baby barely has 4,000 on her now. I asked how long I have to decide if I want to get the extended warranty, I figured before my factory warranty expired, nope, he said 4 years (from purchase date) or 48,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.