Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well took my throttle body of to see how dirty it was and yeah its very dirty. what kind of cleaners will work good on it? and a good cleaner for the intake manifold? and heres some pics

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Go to an auto parts store and buy some Throttle body cleaner spray....Works good.
My guess it you do not use a BT oil catch can. You can help keep your throttle body and intake cleaner by using one. Why?....Your PCV valve vents oil vapor from the engine crank case and routes it to the intake manifold to be burned during the combustion process. One of the draw backs is that it dirties up your throttle body and intake. There are many posts regarding catch cans.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Yuck, how many miles do you have on your ride? I have an 07 with just over 7000 miles on it... after seeing your TB, I'm wonderng if I need to clean mine and add a catch can.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Mine had about 30,000 miles when I got my catch can. It wasn't as bad as yours but it was filthy none the less. I cleaned it all up when I installed my catch can. Last month when I put my new CAI on, I checked the throttle body and it was really pretty clean. When/if you install a catch can, you will see how much oil you keep from going into your intake. I drain about 3/4" out of my catch can every 3,000 miles.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Holy crap dude thats the worst Ive seen yet! A catch can is definitely in order!! Like the other guys said they have a throttle body/carb/choke cleaner at the auto stores thats safe on electronics. It will usually say right on the front safe for electronic sensors. Thats what you want to use. To get the bulk of it off you can spray the Super Degreaser on a rag and wipe it down just dont spray it directly in it or soak it other wise it might get into the electronics.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Holy crap dude thats the worst Ive seen yet! A catch can is definitely in order!! Like the other guys said they have a throttle body/carb/choke cleaner at the auto stores thats safe on electronics. It will usually say right on the front safe for electronic sensors. Thats what you want to use. To get the bulk of it off you can spray the Super Degreaser on a rag and wipe it down just dont spray it directly in it or soak it other wise it might get into the electronics.
Agreed....I sprayed it on and wiped it off, staying away from the electronics.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Btw dude, send that photo to Billet Tech...they could really use that shot to show the need for the catch cans lol :)

·
Double-U Tee Eff
3,065 Posts
You can help keep your throttle body and intake cleaner by using one. Why?....Your PCV valve vents oil vapor from the engine crank case and routes it to the intake manifold to be burned during the combustion process. One of the draw backs is that it dirties up your throttle body and intake. There are many posts regarding catch cans.
yup. when I tore my motor apart, there was old oil gunked up inside the intake ports and intake manifold. had to clean all that out. I'll be gettin' a catch can VERY soon

·
Premium Member
8,082 Posts
If we can get a few people wanting CatchCans, I may be able to get a deal on them. Not much but a few bucks now a days always helps.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
If we can get a few people wanting CatchCans, I may be able to get a deal on them. Not much but a few bucks now a days always helps.
Nowadays, every little bit helps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts