Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a clear headlight housing or is there a easy way to take that ugly orange reflector out of there. Anyone know if any company is working on a set of projectors?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, has anybody actually taken out the amber? The lights are nice looking as they are, but I'd like them better without the amber.

·
Registered
320 Posts
they look better if you smoke the reflector. Taking the housing apart is a booger. Getting it to seal back up and look good is another booger. I wound up just smokin the whole thing, making the top darker like an eyelid. Covers the reflector nice but isn't very close to legal in any state. oh well, neither are my tails, my liscense plates, my windows, my exhaust or the the speed at which I travel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lovin' your ride, man. It looks slick. Unfortunately having a silver mag makes smoking them not as cool.

·
Registered
320 Posts
eyelids would help a lot. You may opt to spray over the reflector too.
I'ma do that with my wife's magnum today. She already ha eyelids over black SXT headlights. Today, I am gonna color-match the black border aropund her LED tail lights mineral grey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very interested in seeing the mineral gray done. I want to do the eyelids, but cant find a vinyl shop with the right color, are you going to paint the lights on the wifes car? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
320 Posts
yeah, they are painted on:

I have to redo everything cuz the company I purchased the paint from, automotive touchups, sent me the wrong color. Then the replaced the paint with the wrong color again. Gonna just have to eat it and move on. Tired of messin with em.

the sirius antenna is worth doin'. I just masked it off. Much easier than removing it. Same thing with the rear wiper and rear wing:

her bumper turned out good, quality-wise. Shame the color is wrong.

·
Registered
320 Posts
yeah. there are many places that will compress your paint code into a spray can. If you hit a local NAPA that does it, you can specify what reducer ya want, add pearls or whatever ya wanna do. The online places just have a list of boxes to check.
It's automotive paint. Same stuff you'd put in a gun. Just in an arisol can. Less overspray. Very buffable (the pics above were before buffing) and the little tip on the can can be spun to a horizontal fan or a verticle fan, depending on how your sprayin'. I've used these for years and have always had good luck.
...providing I buy from a company that will give me the right color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts