Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just joined and figured i would post my first question. I have a clicking sound in the dash from what i believe to be above and to the left side of the gauges. It is only when i turn the a/c on and from what ive researched its something called a blend door actuator. occasionally it will allow hot air to blow through when the a/c is on. it will continue to click for about 20 seconds, then once it stops everything works fine, but it is still an issue that needs to be fixed.

my question is, has anyone ever done this or is this something i will have to have the dealership do and pay up the $ for labor?

(another thread explaining the problem)
What i9s this new stupid clicking noise from the dash?

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
first off, welcome to the site!!

I believe, and that should NOT be taken for gospel truth lol, that the blend air door in our cars is going to be more center to the car, basically sort of above and to the right, of where your go-fast pedal is. Should not be up and to the left of the gauges. That being said....the symptoms you described could definitely spell blend air door issues. I believe, and again this is just off top of my head after a long day and should NOT be taken for 100% truth, that the actuators (i believe you have 3 of them in total) can be changed without removing the dash. If the actuators themselves do not fix the problem, then the next step I would imagine would be the doors themselves. To replace those, the dash WILL likely have to come out.

hope you get some better info, those little problems suck!

edit....heres a picture showing locations....although its not a GREAT picture. This is the whole center section of the dash, and the blend air doors are all contained in what you see here. Number 3 (there are two motors labeled #3) is the actuators that control tempurature. Number 7 controls the mode of the system. The #3 on the right side, towards the passenger side, should actually be inactive, as they are not commonly used.
https://w05.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/service/mds2002/serviceInfo/en_US/81383860.gif

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey!!! Hope everything works out, you'll find whatever you need here.

Hope the mod bug bites :haha:

Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first off, welcome to the site!!

I believe, and that should NOT be taken for gospel truth lol, that the blend air door in our cars is going to be more center to the car, basically sort of above and to the right, of where your go-fast pedal is. Should not be up and to the left of the gauges. That being said....the symptoms you described could definitely spell blend air door issues. I believe, and again this is just off top of my head after a long day and should NOT be taken for 100% truth, that the actuators (i believe you have 3 of them in total) can be changed without removing the dash. If the actuators themselves do not fix the problem, then the next step I would imagine would be the doors themselves. To replace those, the dash WILL likely have to come out.

hope you get some better info, those little problems suck!

edit....heres a picture showing locations....although its not a GREAT picture. This is the whole center section of the dash, and the blend air doors are all contained in what you see here. Number 3 (there are two motors labeled #3) is the actuators that control tempurature. Number 7 controls the mode of the system. The #3 on the right side, towards the passenger side, should actually be inactive, as they are not commonly used.
https://w05.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/service/mds2002/serviceInfo/en_US/81383860.gif

I would say it's either 3 or 7 on the left side. I would assume that because it blew warm air that it's the mode control. It does not click on heat or just vent. Only when the AC is on.

do you know where these are located exactly? Are they accessible from under the steering wheel?

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
the actuators themselves can be replaced without having to remove the dash. They are a bit of a pita to get too, but can be done. yes, remove the kick panel and carpet panel under the wheel and then look towards the center of the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts