Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I went a road trip this weekend and got to spend some quality time in my car (2005 R/T).

I noticed something concerning my dual climate control. It really does what it wants. What I mean by this is; when I turn the tempature up, it will be hot a little bit but will then get colder again. It is my understanding that the system measures the temperature of surrounding objects and sunlight on the windows and not the overall ambient temperature. What really got me was the dual climate controls were very hot to the touch (when my lights were on). Both sides were turned all the way up and the air blowing out was cool/warn but definately not hot air. So the next day I had the same experience without the lights on but now the controls were cooler to the touch. It will happen if it is on Auto or not.

I am at a true loss on this matter. Do I need to replace the unit? Any ideas, help, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
usually when you turn on your headlights the interior gauge lights come on as well, causing heat build up.....now my dual climate controls have the bulbs going out and need to find a fix for them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts