Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car yesterday. Picked up a Trinity, and installed the performance tune, and transmission shift firmness. Parked the car, and came back an hour later to go to the store, and the climate control no longer works. I'm ASSuming that the problem is in the unit itself because not only does the fan not work, but none of the lights come on either on it. I checked all the fuses, and they are all good. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Try pulling fuse #11 under the hood for 30 seconds and see if that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No such luck. Could it be possible that it's the resistor? The illumination lights actually work, it's the indicator lights for the defroster, and A/C that don't come on. Is there a way to check and see if I'm even getting power to the control unit? I guess it's possible that the unit itself just happened to burn out.

Thanks!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Did you check the fuses in the rear also? The climate control module is in cavity #41

41 - 10 Amp Red

Climate Control Module/
Headlamp Leveling — if
equipped/Rear Park Assist —
if equipped/Tire Pressure
Monitoring — if equipped

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, checked there too. I actually pulled every single fuse just in case some other one was causing the problem. Just picked up a resistor. Will try it out in a bit, but I'm doubting it's gonna be that since there was no warning it was going. I don't know how these automatic climate control resistors work though. Maybe they don't give any warnings?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
MANNNN.....that is NOT cool!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
^^That's for sure!!^^

Just got done installing the resistor, and still noting. Does anyone know how I would go about testing the climate control unit itself? I assume I can test at the plug to see if it is even getting power, but which wires should I be testing for power? Would I need to check both of the plugs, or is one the power supply?

I think I'll take a ride over to Grandpa Johns Pick and Pull in the morning, and hope like hell he has an LX with automatic climate control. $275 for a new unit blows!! $29 for a used one ain't so bad!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Happened to me while driving. Had to replace the control unit. Got one from eBay and all is well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Solved!! Climate control stopped working.

Problem solved! It ended up being the diode in the rear fuse panel. If you're looking at the fuse panel, the diode is located in the lower left corner. There are two diodes in the panel. The one that controls the A/C is the one towards the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Now...that's cool!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I'm surprised that they don't mention them in the owners manual at all. In fact, it shows the places where the diodes are as being blank in the book.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.. Dang $29 for the hvac control? My local wants another 100 on top of that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you got it fixed.. Dang $29 for the hvac control? My local wants another 100 on top of that.

Luckily it's a pick-n-pull salvage yard, and they have a Charger, and a 300 that supposedly have the auto-climate control. I haven't gone there yet to check the cars out, but I'm planning to this weekend. I'm hoping the 300 they have has a complete front clip. If so, the price would be less than $500!

·
Registered
994 Posts
The Local I was talking about is a pick and pull... Anything modern they want a mint for, but they are great for pre 80's cars

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could really use one(diode). I swapped diodes with the one below this one and HVAC control is working now. BUT, the car does not shift. I put it back the way it was and the car does shift. Just no HVAC.

I tried to get one locally. There is no place in Reno besides a wrecking yard(if I get that lucky).
3 of the major parts stores here said they never saw a 'fuse' like that.
I did some research and found that these are used on many GM's as well.
The number on mine is 12135037. It is actually made by Delphi. I only found a few references on Ebay. ( I can buy 2000 for $100) or one for $4.50. I was hoping to get one I can put in this weekend as it is getting cold in Reno.

Does anyone have a different part number I may find locally?

Problem solved! It ended up being the diode in the rear fuse panel. If you're looking at the fuse panel, the diode is located in the lower left corner. There are two diodes in the panel. The one that controls the A/C is the one towards the front of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solved!! Climate control stopped working.

Same problem do you mean the fuse box in the trunk ??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts