Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated the brakes on my AWD today. The ones that were on it were horribly bad, I cleaned them up when I got the car just to extend their life a little bit.
so boughta new set from eBay, reviews looked good. So I sprayed brake kleen on them and the silver coating came off. So is this a coating that should have stayed on? Either way they are on now and I am taking it easy breaking them in. Not sure if I can put the link here to show you. But here is the pictures before and after. This is the right rear. All the old brakes looked the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 RT AWD Silver
9 Posts
Updated the brakes on my AWD today. The ones that were on it were horribly bad, I cleaned them up when I got the car just to extend their life a little bit.
so boughta new set from eBay, reviews looked good. So I sprayed brake kleen on them and the silver coating came off. So is this a coating that should have stayed on? Either way they are on now and I am taking it easy breaking them in. Not sure if I can put the link here to show you. But here is the pictures before and after. This is the right rear. All the old brakes looked the same.
Not sure on the coating, I've been looking at doing an upgrade with one of Powerstop's offerings on the rear. Here's their break-in procedure: What is the Break-In Procedure? - PowerStop

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s the zinc coating I found out and being old school and always cleaning the brakes with brake clean before install I screwed the pooch on this one. Oh well. Live and learn. The brakes work good, there was no mention of the zinc in the parts description. Should have stopped on the first shot of brake clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts