Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's a not so long story made short. I picked my SRT8 Magnum up at the Beginning of last year an I put a set of Eibach front & rear sway bars, BC Racing coilovers & a staggered set of Viper Reps.

I like the way she sits but I'm not happy with the ride the rear is not as tight as I would like.

So I'm really thinking about taking the coilovers out an picking up a set of springs now the question I have is what kind of springs will give me a nice low Aggressive stance?

Need help!

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Do you have the extenders for the rear so you can make adjustments easily ? If not, you'll have to remove em to change it. BCs get plenty stiff. Mine are set to 27 out of 30 and it almost beats me to death over bumps. The cornering and handling are phenomenal though.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I assume that you included the rear damping adjusters when you install the BCRs. I have them and can get the rear more than tight enough if set to full firm. If it's not the damper firmness you're talking about, the rear may not be as tight as you would like because of the cradle bushings and the rear control arm bushings. They are soft and the rear can get a bit loose. The car can feel like the rear is stepping out at times. You may need to think about replacing the bushings.

FYI - I've had spring/damper set ups and they don't handle as well as the BCR coilovers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frost,

I do have the extenders for the rear but have not put them in yet. What is the best way to install them form the outside in or the inside out?

Fireman2118,

Ok if I keep my BCRs I should check the damper firmness with in the BCRs? An as far as the cradle bushing if I do replace them should I go with stock or should I run with better after market ones as well as rear control arm bushings.

I value both your opinions so please advise an don't be shy! I need to correct this problem before the spring! I also have some Performance parts to put on so I want put these 2 Projects to bed before I start another! So Thank You for all your help in advance...

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I run my damper settings at 2/3 firm. (20 out of 30) I like the feel of the road. You can also get Pedders or White line bushings for the rear cradle which are much better.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Fireman2118,

The dampers are within the BCRs, right?
Correct. The dampers are shocks. At the top of each shock is a damping adjustment knob. Full counter clockwise is full soft and full clockwise is full firm. 30 positions from full soft to full firm.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
This is with the extenders installed. Not sure if you have seen them on the Mag.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fireman2118,

Thank you again for the big tips! I feel much better about keeping my BCRs now. I'm working on a Laundry list on things getting done an the list is getting longer by the day.

Smack,

Thanks for the photos. Is it hard to install them?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Fireman2118,

Thank you again for the big tips! I feel much better about keeping my BCRs now. I'm working on a Laundry list on things getting done an the list is getting longer by the day.

Smack,

Thanks for the photos. Is it hard to install them?
No, pretty easy.....

SRT8 BCR Coilover Install/Review

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
If you haven't done so already, aftermarket sway bars REALLY help in reducing body roll. I use Eibach front and rear sway bars with BWoody end links. Hotchkis makes outstanding sway bars too.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Fireman2118 I already have Eibach Sways.

So BWoody end links should be my next move?
Maybe some sort of upgraded end links if not the BWoody. Also, do you have a front strut tower bar? The Razorsedge/Speedlogix bar is a premium piece. I've used it for years and really like it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after one season of coil over I'm going to springs.

With my style of driving and the NY roads the coilovers are not doing it for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so after 3 years with my set of BC Racing Coilover are way settled now so I think I need to go back to springs. I need mad advice on which ones to go with. So please all advice needed on this. I'm looking for a little drop cause I still need to fit my 22" wheels staggered set up.

So help the kid out!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have noticed my rear is starting to settle. I was just thinking of having them adjusted to fix. I take it you don't want to do that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts