Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wanted to find out if any of you guys are sporting a "clear bra"?
Not sure of the proper nomenclature but I heard about them through a grape vine.

Are those better than the conventional leather bras? How do they compare.
Thanks in advance for any insight on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
bra's

I had the Dodge bra for my first Red SXT, and I had a few ghost lines after a year. You may wanna be careful, keep it waxed underneath. I kinda neglected mine over the winter.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
I will tell you one thing, they look a hell of a lot better. Bra's are for boobies, not cars :wtf:. It is basically a clear film like window tint. You will notice where it ends, but it is a lot les noticable than the black bra. Any good tinter should be able to do the job. Make sure to see examples of other work.

The film is very trick around corners and compound curves so you want someone that knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you find a real company that does the clear bra, it works out great! The real companys have it to were it is all cut by computer. It is a real must, espcially if you do a lot of driving with the car. I have had it on almost all of cars, and it does help. One of the big companys is 3m.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
Clear Bra

I've had a clear bra on my Magnum for over two years and it is still holding up very well. It has saved me several times from major damage to the hood and headlights.
Here is a picture of it, from a short distance you don;t even see it. Mine covers the entire front end from the bottom of the fascia to about 10" up the hood and fenders.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I personally would rather fix an occasional chip than have a clear bra. The lines are very visible, especially when wax is stuck in the edges. Looks worse than chips to me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
clear bras

I like the clear bras, I was going to get one for my vibe before I discovered what I was missing out on with the magnum. I have a shop that does my tint and has done a good job on everything so far so I'll probably get the tint and a clear bra as soon as possible. I asked about stuff getting under the bra such as dust or rocks or lifting of corners and they told me they would replace any piece that lifted or got anything underneath it. I can clean wax out of it with a tooth brush but chips take a little bit more. Just wish I could sell the vibe!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts