Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im going to nightshade the shit out of my 3rd light, but i havent really taken a good look on how to remove it....Do i have to remove the spoiler? Or would it be in the trunk under the panels? Any help or photos of their lights would be awesome. thanks! ALSO!!! check in tomorrow for my new plates : GAM3OVR...

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I did my 3rd light with nightshades also. I used plenty of newspaper and painters tape. Just use a clay bar to remove any over spray. It's that simple!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok right on man thanks.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
yes it is! having just had the wing off for paint and tinting it is a major pita to get off. if it were just bolted i would say its easy but 3/4 of the plastic clips broke on mine and its not stuck on there quite right just yet. so keep it on there and nightshade the bajesus out of it! lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm planning on writing CARMAGEDDON in it...probably should have mentioned that. Thoughts on the easiest way to make onlyyyyyy that visible( no red ring around the black like i see on some cars). Its quite small print, but i found a real cool font that fills my light perfectly, just going to take forever to cut a good stencil. I'm just trying to think how im going to tape it off to paint around CARMAGEDDON....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
get the lettering and use them as a stencil when you tint. once tint is on you remove the stickers and all that shows is the caemageddon that will still be original red as light. and then clear over it

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
it would be really hard to even exacto out what you wanted, i really recomoned some good lettering that you want for the text and apply them to the paint preped (ie sanded and ready for paint) and use them to mask off the lettering like a stencil. tinting spray is light so it should not seep at all, and if it does use paint thinner on a q-tip and clean it off. But then once clear is as dark as you want it, remove just the lettering from the lense and then move into the clear coats. I use a sharp dental pic to lift us stickers, knifes can do so much damage so fastthat scare me with soft paint. i think this would be a fool proof way to do what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Some photos of my custom light/spoiler from 402..................

Bob

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will do. I got a photo coming right now of something different!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.