Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

1 have a 2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7l with 121212 miles on it as of today. Last Friday i started my car and the check engine light came on so i took it in to have the code it was producing read and they told me it was a cylinder 4 misfire and they replaced the coil pack i believe and the spark plug and sent me on my way. But today it came back on :eek:mfg: so i took it back in and they 1st did some sort of pressure test to make sure my engine was ok and it was. So next they said it could be maybe the computer did not fully reset and times it does that also that it could be a defective coil/spark plug so what they did it swaped it out with one from the one next to it reset the engine light and said" Drive it around and if the light doe snot pop back on great but if it does and its a misfire on the one they exchng'd then it was a bad coil pack/plug and they will replace it but if its a misfire back on cylinder 4 again then we have another problem"

And thats where i wanted your help at any idea on what could be causing this to and one experenced this problem before and if so what did you do to fix it? Also help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 06 SE just gave me code 0204 today! Cylinder 4 misfire..... How did you end up here??

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
You need to do as they suggested, drive around and see if the CEL activates again. If it does, note which cylinder is affected. If it's the cylinder that they moved the coil pack to, then it's more than likely the coil pack. If it remains on #4, then it could be the wire harness or connector to #4. Worst case, it's the PCM.

My 06 SE just gave me code 0204 today! Cylinder 4 misfire..... How did you end up here??
You mean P0304

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fireman- the dash said 0204 most definitely. I checked twice! It's behaving weirdly.... Crazy rough idle on start up after sitting while warm. Higher RPM or cool start up and it runs normally.

Would very hot 33• Celsius temperature affect this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Fireman- the dash said 0204 most definitely. I checked twice! It's behaving weirdly.... Crazy rough idle on start up after sitting while warm. Higher RPM or cool start up and it runs normally.

Would very hot 33• Celsius temperature affect this?

Thanks
Your's is related to #4 fuel injector control circuit. Make sure the electrical connector is securly plugged into the #4 injector. The injector itself my be failing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
@Fireman - pardon my ignorance, but I don't know the cylinder organization as far as naming.... Is the #4 cylinder the middle one on passenger side? which is inconveniently covered by the intake lol. If so happens that the injector is the issue, can it be replaced individually from the rest? (ie do you need to change them all?).

As always, any and all advice is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
@Fireman - pardon my ignorance, but I don't know the cylinder organization as far as naming.... Is the #4 cylinder the middle one on passenger side? which is inconveniently covered by the intake lol. If so happens that the injector is the issue, can it be replaced individually from the rest? (ie do you need to change them all?).

As always, any and all advice is appreciated!

Yes, if the injector is bad, it can be replaced individually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts