Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so last month i got a code P0016, changed the cam sensor, nope, changed the crank sensor, nope, pulled the cover and yeah the waterpump was leaking, well not even leaking a very little seeping, but looked like it was for a long time and there was a build up on the timing belt which made it jump a tooth. ok had my buddy replace the water pump and belt. got the car back and it ran a lot better. two days later CEL came on again but this time the code was P0300. but the car still ran great, nothing seems different. i had my battery out when i put it back in the code was gone and was out for like a week and a half then came back again with the same P0300 code. hate new cars with computers, need to go back to old bugs again, less problems and way easier to fix lol. anybody have any ideas?? i read up some and theres no stumbling or hesitating, no bad exhaust smell or anything.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
P0300 indicates random cylinder misfires. I'd say, check all the coil pack connections. It could also be due to a vacuum leak or an air leak in the manifold causing a lean condition. Could be an EGR stuck open. Any other codes?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah that's the only code that comes up when I do the key trick. Always seems shit like this happens right before I go away for a show, driving 4hrs on Friday for a show. Thank god for friends who tow just in case lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts