Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Danko mini spoiler today! Looks real good, the quality is outstanding. Now, how to finish it. Do I ...

a: paint flat black to match fender stripes and stock rear spoiler,

b: color match the body (BB)

Just trying to get some ideas and inspiration. Thanks guys!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
If you're thinking about flat black, do what I did and use Plastidip. I've had it on for several months now and not a single chip. The rocks bounce right off and it looks great too. For $10 and 30 minutes you can do it and be happy as hell. If by chance you're not happy with it, you can peel the Plastidip off in 5 minutes. I'm betting you'll be happy with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
When you get it, lightly sand it to smooth out any rough areas. They ship gel coated so it should already be pretty good. Make sure its clean and dry, that's it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went with Plastidip on my black car with the intention of color matching it later. Honestly though because the mini is relatively small the flat isn't really distinguishable from the body color in most light so it has stayed dipped.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
It is surprisingly durable and long lasting.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll be dippin'. I'll post up picks when I get this done. It might be a while, but it will get done. Thanks again all!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I dipped mine also. Its been on there for several months without any issues. I'd PD it. Post us pics when done!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
wheres the pics? this thread is worthless with out them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts