Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Dash removal

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  cliffex 
#1 ·
Disassembled my dash to figure out what was wrong with HVAC, turns out that the left side bend door was not opening. Replaced the bend door motor on the drivers side and now my A/C works great. When I was dissembling the dash I figured out this was not the first time this dash has been removed. When I bought my Magnum the parking brake pull never went all the way in after being pulled, turns out the cable housing was not installed in the cable housing hole but now it works prefect. The dash its self is just full of cracks from whom ever removed it the first time. I ended up using super glue and duct tape to repair, can't see any of the repair. I found an alarm system that was not operational so I removed it. I believe this is what the little red button the top of the driver side kick panel was for so I removed it. Oh yah the old bend door motor had missing teeth on one of the gears!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Your'e a braver man than me

#4 ·
It took around 6hrs to remove because of two hidden screws. It took about 15 minutes to figure out the driver side actuator motor was not working. Waited about three or four days to put it back together because of my bad shoulder and it took 4hrs to put it all back together. It was just like playing golf, you get all upset and bent but you had a good time and the outcome was pleasing.

#5 ·
while you hade it apart, you should've swapped out the stock dash bulbs for some LED ones behind the dash for a brighter look. I eventually would like to do that, but I will DEFINITELY wait 'til it get warmer out to try & tackle that beast. I'll have to see if they are any vids on YouTube that shows you how to do this as well as how to switch to LED bulbs.

#6 ·
That is why I paid to have my dash removed to repair my A/C .........................

I am too old to be working that hard.

LOL

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.