Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some wired leds from the bay 3 weeks ago, came in and this is what i came up with. i didnt know that the light on the face place was flat so i had to rig it in a way. What do you guys think? Keep it in or go a different way?
117.JPG

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Ew those look terrible...why don't use let me take them off your hands. :lmao: I love them!!! I'm all about L.E.D's

BTW how did you do the blue air con lights and all on the bezel?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have you thought about recessing them into the upper portion of the bezel with the light directed toward the gauges? I tend to agree with rrod436's thinking that the light shining at you would be distracting.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have yet to drive with them at night and they are not faced towards driver, they are able to dim with the dimmer. connected leds to dimming wire. I took the controls apart and placed them next to the factory light inside, on the wipers up on top i placed them inside the housing. the factory ones broke off after i took apart.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
i love the look of led's in the gauges, im not a fan of just a few individual bulbs though. At least, not when you can see the actual light source. If you had a way of hiding the bulbs, or adding more of them, thatd be the ticket IMHO. But, im an anal retentive symetrical freak, and id probably have 20 led's per ring going all the way around lol

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
i DO love how you colormatched all the led's though. I just took my brand new equalizer apart a few days ago and removed all of the factory blue led's and replaced them with green, just so they would match the halo's in my gauges and the led rings in my switches!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love the look of led's in the gauges, im not a fan of just a few individual bulbs though. At least, not when you can see the actual light source. If you had a way of hiding the bulbs, or adding more of them, thatd be the ticket IMHO. But, im an anal retentive symetrical freak, and id probably have 20 led's per ring going all the way around lol
I was not trying to have them visible, i opened them up and noticed that there are no bulbs behind the gauges. The gauge sits on top of another plastic sheet that lights up. The frame sits on top of the gauge so in order to have the led hiding. i would have to do some cutting. so im just trying this out for now.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I agree. It looks nice though. I'm personally going for that new gauge cluster

·
Registered
15 Posts
i DO love how you colormatched all the led's though. I just took my brand new equalizer apart a few days ago and removed all of the factory blue led's and replaced them with green, just so they would match the halo's in my gauges and the led rings in my switches!
When I'm back you are going to be my mentor, I'm getting a black magnum r/t and my favorite color is green! SHOW ME THE WAYS ALMIGHTY ONE! haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts