Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will give your Magnum a Nice Clean look and make the people who have no clue what they are, still have no clue~!
This is my first write up so I hope this helps.

Things Needed:

Fishing Line or Dental Floss
Heat Gun or Hair Dryer
Goo-Gone

First thing, the sooner you remove the badges the better, only because due to heat and road conditions removing the badges after the car is so old can result in a color change where the emblems once were.

For the Ram Emblem, this is a harder emblem to remove only because first the RAM head snaps off, but after doing so you still have a peice of plastic that is stuck to the car. To make this a one step job use the fishing line with and saw your way throught the tape behind the plastic and emblem. If you are having trouble getting your fishing line through the tape use a heat gun to somewhat melt the tape. One this is removed you will still have some tape left so use some goo-gone and put on this tape, give it about 30 seconds and start to remove it. I used my finger to move it around into somewhat of a ball and then used a soft towel to with some goo-gone on it to remove the rest.
Next for the word emblems such as MAGNUM, this is a little bit easier only because each letter is a seperate piece. Use the fishing line just as you did on the RAM emblem and take off each letter at a time. Agian use the goo-gone and remove the rest of the tape.

When finished removing all of the emblems give your car a wash and really wash the area's of the emblems that you removed. After washing give it a nice wax to not only give it a good shine, but to protect the area's where your removed the emblems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
great post, made debading the rear lid super easy, doing the side moldings tomorrow, this is my first "mod" on my magnum and i love the clean look, thanks

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
If you get ghost lines like I did, use a random orbital polisher/waxer, got rid of mine completely (it didn't work when I did the waxing/polishing by hand before).

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Here's a shot of mine.

Bob

·
Registered
207 Posts
80,000 mile rated tires and R/T badge

used WAXED DENTAL FLOSS and some good buffer. this is what i did with my R/T badge , simple mod, not enough for a bean , ha ha. and a pic of my other mod. 80, 000 mile rated GOODYEAR tires.:cool30:

Attachments

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
I'm "old school", I guess, I love all my emblems, however I have changed some up and added others!

Added this RED R/T badge to the grille... (My MOD Gnomes made me to it ~ LOL~)

Removed the front small HEMI fender emblems and added these...

·
Registered
45 Posts
where can I get an R/T badge but maybe another color to match the vanilla color of my car maybe looking for like a flat grey as im planning on viynl stripes flat grey here in less than a month or black badge

·
Black in the Hat..
392 Posts
Another KEY to success with the fishing line is to CLEAN around the area you are trying to debadge THROUGHLY! Use a strong hose to get as much stuff out from behind the molding as possible. If there is sand or dirt around the area and you slide the fishing line behind the molding/badge, it will act like sandpaper on your finish! (Happened on My Tahoe years ago) Didnt clean it well enough, I thought I did, but I had a ton of fine scratches on the doors...

Just another tip...

Melty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts