Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Diablo Intune is it really worth it on a 3.5? Also Exhaust Upgrade?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  2wheel 
#1 ·
Like the title says, is the Diablo Intune really worth the price to use it on a 3.5 V6?

I'll have extra funds soon and was really wanting to close the gap between the tires and fenders but unfortunately it seems I would have to buy BOTH the Eibach springs and 20" rims and tires, so for now I'll just stick with my American Racing 17".

So since I'm not getting them I'm looking into more performance stuff. Since the Diablo is around $400 new I was wondering if it would make a significant change to the Maggie.

I'm also considering going with dual exhaust soooo...

I currently have a K&N CAI and Flowmaster exhaust with reso delete. I dig the sound but I want it louder and more nasty. I do not want that obnoxious ricer tone I want a mean hot rod tone. I know that will be hard to achieve since its a V6 but I want to try.

Would it be better to go with true dual exhaust or just Y off my current exhaust? would glass pack or such help? Like I said with the flowmaster I have now I dig it but I want more !! ha ha ha

In a Nut shell Diablo help enough to justify the price?
What exhaust setup would make the Maggie Loud and Nasty?

sorry for all the rambling :hail:

See less See more
#2 ·
I would look for a used Diablosport Predator. I found a used one for $200 and it really helps the car, I also have a 3.5L. Helps with the throttle lag, and really helps the car shift better. I have a cold air intake, and I did the resonator delete with the Blastin Bobs replacement tail piece using the stock muffler and it does sound a little better. Just some info for ya.

#7 ·
I got a inTune last year for my 3.5L with a 4 speed transmission. Definite improvement and you can easily use it as a data logger, code reader, tuner, and even display some data on the screen as you drive. Playing with the throttle advance (can't remember the exact name) allowed me to take advantage of the 93 oct tune but still get good mileage. Great diagnostic tool and can be used on most cars. I plugged it into a co-worker's Chevy cruise and read the trouble codes he had. If you have the 5 speed transmission you get even more improvements. Check out Circuit Motorsports through lxforums.com. They had a similar price and I got mine through them, along with BC Racing coil overs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.