Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS DONE THE MPG TUNE?? IM RUNNIN 93OCT CAI TUNE AND GETTING OK MPG 13-14 ( WITH MODERATE FOOT IN FIRE WALL:drive:) BUT USE MY CRUISE WHEN EVER POSSIBLE. IM PROBABLY GUNNA PULL THAT TUNE AND INSTALL THE MPG TUNE BUT STILL RUN 93 JUST IN CASE I WANT TO SWITCH BACK AND FORTH. BASICALLY JW IF ITS WORTH MY TIME??,, OH AND ITS FRIDAY BIT**'S:headbang::banana::friday::049::beerchug:

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
It'll take 5 minutes to change tunes. You need to decide for yourself whether or not it's worth it.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
its my understanding that running the economy tune, while still running 93, is not a great idea. Not sure about the science behind it, but was under the impression that the extra octane was wasted (so spending unnecessary $$ on higher grade fuel) and that since that extra octane was not used, it was allowed to go through into the cats and eventually cause problems there. Bill?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I just put in 150 miles with the Intune MPG tune using 93oct and was showing low 16's mpg on EVIC. I was getting the same with the Diablo tune so I switched back. The 93 CAI tune resulted in the same as what you got (13-14). Did not see a real performance difference between the Diablo & CAI tunes except MPG. I did have MDS shut off, throttle boost 20%, & shift firmness on with the MPG tune. Not sure how much that affected MPG's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts