Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the people who have coilovers, and have adjusted them from the factory settings. if in the rear, if i need to go up 1 inch is it the actual same 1 inch on thr threads?. i have a set of bc racing that are for the srt 8. i have to use a spring compressor to releave the tention, the spring is just to strong, even with the car off the ground and the bottom shock bolt out, to loosen the two nuts. and yes they already were broke loose. the bottom nut even chiped a lil bit from the wrench,:eek:mfg: and yes i had the rite wrench for the rite nut. lolol. i really dont want to drop those control arms again:censored: thanks everyone in advance.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
1" is 1". If you're having trouble making adjustments, lower the cradle.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fireman. im a lil leary on the whole cradle thing for som reason. so i disconected the inner control arm bolts. i had no problem with it but i wanted to rase the rear 1-1/2 in to compensate for the stereo in the back. i just cant get the coil to compress enough to move the nuts down. so i rented a coil spring compressor from autozone and its a lil to big to work properly in the center of the spring. needles to say after 4 hours of @#$% stress and lots of busted knuckles!!!!, i had to put the car back together the way it was when i started this ordeal. im just gonna have to make my own spring compressor to get this done i guess. i only have to releave the tention enough to move the nut down an inch. if i could do that i wouldnt have to break anything loose at all. sounds easier said than done, but it can be done.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
I'm not familiar with coilovers, but lowerin the cradle is simple. It only seems scary until you do it. Do you know how ? You just need to remove four bolts and have a floor jack to support it.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
If you decide to drop the rear cradle, don't forget to remove the top shock mounting bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts