Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think that this is a common problem but my door handle paint is peeling off, not the entire handle only the inner portion, I can't blame it on the sun because it is the inner portion and it isn't that noticeable only if you look down, but it still bothers me. I could paint it myself and save money but does anyone know how the handle is installed. is it riveted in? I would like to get an idea of how to unassemble it before I'm caught by any surprises. Also I could buy chrome handles but does that just do the out-side portion or the inside as well.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Yep, it's a common problem. The handle unbolts from the back side. Of course, you'll have to remove the door panel, but after that it's not to hard to get too.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I noticed the same thing happening to mine. I blamed the wife because of her fingernails. I have thought about getting some black vinyl tape done on the back of the handles. That would be cheaper then getting it repainted and also keep it from peeling anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I noticed the same thing happening to mine. I blamed the wife because of her fingernails. I have thought about getting some black vinyl tape done on the back of the handles. That would be cheaper then getting it repainted and also keep it from peeling anymore.
I thought bout the same thing, but I finally got around to getting mine repainted. I've been gonna get some clear vinyl to put on it but hadn't got around to it.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
If it come to that then I will end up getting the car repainted. I have been wanting a repaint so maybe this is the time! I can use the peeling door handles as an excuse and tell the wife that the entire needs to be repainted because of it. Think she would go for that? LOL

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
If it come to that then I will end up getting the car repainted. I have been wanting a repaint so maybe this is the time! I can use the peeling door handles as an excuse and tell the wife that the entire needs to be repainted because of it. Think she would go for that? LOL
lol!!! Good luck with that one man!! My wife who knows NOTHING about cars probably wouldn't buy that one as an excuse..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts