Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After adding a 4 channel amp, I had to run wires to the door speakers. The only problem I ran into was that the parking brake covers up the door wiring boot exit. Simple to remove 1 bolt 2 nuts. Well here we go

1) remove screw under the trap door in the door handle pocket.

2) remove the screw under the trap door under the arm rest

3) To remove the bottom plastic rivets (NOT BLACK), take your key and wrapping it with something soft to prevent the key from and push in(not done here for pic clarity). This way you wont push the center all the way in and have to take the weather barrier off to get them. BTW new one are $1.60 a piece if I remember right.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4) After pulling the door off (3 push snaps at the top), rotate the door handle linkage lock and pull the linkage up.

5) Disconnect the power accessories

You can see the 3 white push pins that hold the top part of the door ($5.10 a piece)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6) Here is the base stereo door removed (6 1/2'). You can get speaker harness adapters to make it all plug and play.

7) You can see here that the door wiring boot (left side) and the parking brake assembly that blocks easy access to the boot. 1 bolt 2 nuts to move the parking brake assembly. To get to behind the panel below the steering wheel, there is one screw at the bottom and then the rest of the panel pulls.

Here is what hold the door on, 6 screw, 3 plastic rivets and 3 plastic push pins (seen on other pic)

Thats all there is to it.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1 - 3 of 3 Posts