Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I needed to installed some new "STUFF" under the hood, so I found the prefect place to install it and the perfect way to install it!!! I WAS sooo happy.... Off I go to my favorite Billeted Aluminum place and ordered the EGR delete kit!! It said on the site you needed the Diablo to disable the function... COOL!! I have one with the latest update!!! I went out today in the nice HOT sun, removed the EGR and installed the plates! It WAS so pretty and clean looking!!!! Off to get the Predator! hooked her up and WOW! no more EGR delete..... CRAP!!! I went to the Diablo site did a search and found the you most have the OLD versions..... r12 or r18 (two different techs) and here I am with the latest and greatest! SOOOO the moral of the story is..... ahhh..... any want an EGR delete kit, cheap?? I probably read somewhere it was removed but you think I would remember?? NOPE!

I can still install my "STUFF" but it will not be NEAR as pretty!!!!

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Not a big deal Glenn. Contact one of the Diablo reps on LXForums or on Diablos site and have them turn the EGR off in a tune for you. All you have to do is export the "last tune written" from your Predator, post it up and let them rewrite the tune with the EGR turned off. You load the tune back into your Predator and then into your car. Done!

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOL!!!! Thanks Bill!!!!!! That is what I will do.... I made it fit but I would REALLY like the EGR gone.......

You can see it is pretty tight......and I don't like the hot pipe that close to it......

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
COOL!!!! Thanks Bill!!!!!! That is what I will do.... I made it fit but I would REALLY like the EGR gone.......

You can see it is pretty tight......and I don't like the hot pipe that close to it......
Nice, I like. The nitrous goes quick but so will your car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been told that!! haha.... this is stage one of the install...... seems like every time I am ready, I need more "stuff".. I have to install the "window" switch next and I am having a couple of custom lines made, I figure a couple of more weeks of fooling around and I should be ready..... I hope....

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
I figure a couple of more weeks of fooling around and I should be ready..... I hope....
Ready for what?...Lol

What are you going to run......75, 100 or 150?

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha.. Good Question Bill....... ready to finally fill the tank.... maybe.... going to start with 50 then probably leave her at 75.....100 is the max a stock 5.7 can handle with no problems.... so I will play it safe and go with 75.... until I take her to the track that is! then I "may" try a 100 shot once or twice.....

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It really does not do that much performance wise, but it does reduce NOx into the atmosphere... and it is JUST REALLY UGLY!! plus I needed the room for the Nitrous Management Unit.....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Man I feel your pain, I ran into the same deal a few weeks back. If you contact diablotoona on lxf which I believe is Johan he will do your egr tune for free. Mine cost me 25.00 but what did I know. Lesson learned for sure.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man I feel your pain, I ran into the same deal a few weeks back. If you contact diablotoona on lxf which I believe is Johan he will do your egr tune for free. Mine cost me 25.00 but what did I know. Lesson learned for sure.
Thanks! I will PM him!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
Very cool MOD right there Glenn! And... it does look GREAT!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts