Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I put the egr delete plates on my 5.7 without turning it off with the predator programer will it hurt the engine.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
No, you'll just have the check engine light on all the time. That in and of itself isn't an issue unless you have some other problem down the road that you may not become aware of because the check engine light is already on.
Not all Predators have the option of turning off the EGR. It's illegal to mess with emissions and Diablo had to pull the EGR and O2 sensor options out of their tunes. Older versions may still have these options though. The good news is, if you get a Diablosport tuner, you could send a request via the Diablo forums that the EGR be turned off in a custom tune. Anyway, a tuner would really wake your Hemi up.......It's a good investment either way.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
All True!!! if you have r12 or older with a Predator you are set... I just did as Bill suggested and should have my new tune in a day or so......THANKS BILL!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I was reading your post after I already installed it and then I see that my predator does not have the option. Lol thank you guys for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts