Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

So this morning I went to install the 91 OCT CAI tune on my diablosport Intune, and after intalling the tune, it said it was installed correctly, and I could disconnect and start the vehicle.

Well, I disconnected and my magnum wont start!!! It turns all the way over to start and nothing happens, I have even disconnected the battery.

Someone please help me figure out how to get my car started, I am starting to panic as I have to work in 2 hours.

If anyone wants to PM me or Gtalk or even call or text to help me out, I would appreciate it so much, googling hasn't been so helpful yet, but im still searching.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has some helpful insight.

I have a 06 Mgnum RT build date 04/05

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tried restoring original backup... says "restoring original backup failed."

man do I wish it wasn't sunday so I could get ahold of a DS guy.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Go back in a reload the 91 tune

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't let me. Says its in recovery mode. The only thing it will seem to let me do is try and restore original backup, then it fails and asks me if I want to reset intune. It then gives me a code, and when I try to enter it, it says wrong code.
I have tried entering the code many times. Looks like the code is too long. For somereason it wont let me enter the whole thing.

I am at a loss.

I hope I can figure this out. I have to work 15 miles from home the next 4 days and this is my only car.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I did a good search. Saw that a lot of mustang owners have had this problem... Decided to take a cab to work today, and ill call DS tomorrow morning.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
They get busy quick, call them right when they open.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
When I read stories like this, it makes me glad I stuck with my Superchips.

Having an early build 05' (04/04) makes me very cautious.

Bob

·
Registered
809 Posts
When I read stories like this, it makes me glad I stuck with my Superchips.

Having an early build 05' (04/04) makes me very cautious.

Bob
Superchips has had similar issues with other vehicles so it happens to them all. I watched my co-worker go thru heck, but SC never left his side and covered all the expenses! Ended up going to the dealer for a new PCM & TCM plus they got him a rental vehicle while he was without a car. Outstanding custom service even when things were going wrong. It was an '06 Durango that had the problem.

aaronagis - Good Luck & I hope DiabloSport treats you good. Let us know how it goes please.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after talking to Diablosport, i now have to send my PCM & tuner back to Diablosport and im not going to be able to drive my car for 4 days... I am so upset I can barely think.

Worst timing ever.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Will they rent you a car while they perform the fix?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They wont. They said the best they can do is fix whatever happened to my PCM and/or Intune, and pay shipping both ways... looks like its going to cost me $115 to rent an economy vehicle to get to work the next 4 days.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Superchips used my car for testing (twice) and they gave me a free loaner both times, plus paid for all the gas.
In addition I got some free goodies from them and they gave me back a sweet running 05' with no problems.
So you can see why I stick with Superchips.

Am I tempted to try a Diablo? You bet, but my fear is bigger then my curiousity.

I hope you get your car up and running soon.

Bob

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Superchips used my car for testing (twice) and they gave me a free loaner both times, plus paid for all the gas.
In addition I got some free goodies from them and they gave me back a sweet running 05' with no problems.
So you can see why I stick with Superchips.

Am I tempted to try a Diablo? You bet, but my fear is bigger then my curiousity.

I hope you get your car up and running soon.

Bob

As long as SC is working for you Bob, why chance it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Honestly the biggest reason I chose Diablosport was because of the huge following they have here on this forum, and on LXforums.com while I did read that people have had troubles, I didn't except to have my vehicle taken out of commission like this.

That being said, while I am frustrated that this happened, I am trying to think positive and hope that when I get my intune and PCM back, everything runs great and i'll be able to use my Magnum, as well as the $400 tuner I bought to use it on.

I have never had a product like this just fail without reason... and I develop custom firmware for android phones, so I not a noob to computers, or even flashing things... I know I followed directions precisely and did weeks of research before I did the tune. I believe it must have something to do with the latest calibration update, that was supposed to "fix" all the bugs people have been having, because prior to that, it seemed to work okay.

I wish I had just gotten the predator though. It seems like there was much less issues with those, probably because they don't have one model for 50 different vehicles.

But like I said, I'm trying to think positive and hope that Diablosport gets it all taken care of for me. I miss my Magnum already, and driving this crappy hyundai rental makes me miss it more.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Thanks, Honestly the biggest reason I chose Diablosport was because of the huge following they have here on this forum, and on LXforums.com while I did read that people have had troubles, I didn't except to have my vehicle taken out of commission like this.

That being said, while I am frustrated that this happened, I am trying to think positive and hope that when I get my intune and PCM back, everything runs great and i'll be able to use my Magnum, as well as the $400 tuner I bought to use it on.

I have never had a product like this just fail without reason... and I develop custom firmware for android phones, so I not a noob to computers, or even flashing things... I know I followed directions precisely and did weeks of research before I did the tune. I believe it must have something to do with the latest calibration update, that was supposed to "fix" all the bugs people have been having, because prior to that, it seemed to work okay.

I wish I had just gotten the predator though. It seems like there was much less issues with those, probably because they don't have one model for 50 different vehicles.

But like I said, I'm trying to think positive and hope that Diablosport gets it all taken care of for me. I miss my Magnum already, and driving this crappy hyundai rental makes me miss it more.
I use the Intune and am very happy with it. I'm fortunate to have not had the issues that many cars seem to have. The issues I have experienced were "operator error".....Yeah, my fault. I too am confident that Diablosport will take care of you.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Trying with some way to look on the bright side.......
The Hyundai may pay for itself in fuel savings to cover the rental? Spending hell in the Hyundai will make you appreciate your car even more?

BTW - which model did they give you?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts