Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I own an '06 Magnum 2.7L, currently 80k on the odometer. About 6-7 months ago the car, while in P or idling at a stop light would shake a bit. The RPM's go up and down, seems like the car is going to cut off. I read up on it and thought it was a carbon build up, so I used Seafoam and changed my plugs & oil. The problem continued, but seemed to be real minimum. About 4-5 days ago, the problem was back at full force. Check engine light popped up, the code was P0406, Googled it and it came up as EGR valve. I replaced the EGR valve yesterday and the problem is still there.

I know that Magnums are notorious with the shake. Some dip $hit told it was normal. My question is, does anyone know what I should do next? I looked around and around and I can't come up with anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
EGR valves don't not operate at idle or wide open throttle. It's almost impossible to properly diagnose an issue like this over the internet. Take it in to be properly diagnosed.

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
EGR valves don't not operate at idle or wide open throttle. It's almost impossible to properly diagnose an issue like this over the internet. Take it in to be properly diagnosed.
I have to agree. There are way to many variables. Something as simple as an engine mount all the way to internals. Make the investment to pinpoint the issue rather than "poke and hope"

-Floyd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to agree. There are way to many variables. Something as simple as an engine mount all the way to internals. Make the investment to pinpoint the issue rather than "poke and hope"

-Floyd
Well, the dip $hit that told me it was normal was a Dodge mechanic. The car originally went to him. I guess I'll have to search for a good mechanic in my area.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the same problem from time to time at stop lights.. its weird I had it looked at and they weren't sure either..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same problem from time to time at stop lights.. its weird I had it looked at and they weren't sure either..
Yeah, it's quite annoying. Is your check engine light on? As soon as I get the problem resolved, I'll let you know what to do. I have another Mechanic looking further into the problem tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue. I upgraded to mid grade gas and used some fuel injector cleaner and wallah. Just my experience but worth a try.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I totally forgot to post what the problem was, sorry.

Anyway, it turned out to be a bad coil for the plugs. I changed it out, and boom! Everything was back to normal and no codes, nor shaking anymore.

For anyone experiencing the same problem; I'd start with checking your plugs and coils, not the EGR itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts