Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal I received a phone call this morning form one of my clients that runs a Insurance junk yard she said she could sell me a 07 300C with a 6.1 the front clip is ok. It was hit by a big rig in the back from front seats back not much is good but the trans appears to be ok. Car has 27,xxx miles on it All I can say about the price is she was talking about needing to gain $1500 bucks from the sale so is it a good deal and can the switch from my 3.5 more work then its worth? I will be going by this afternoon to look at the car in person maybe I will use for another project.

I am ASE certified and would be able to use the shop were I work for the swap.

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
More work than what it is worth.....mainly because of all of the different modules in these cars. If you have the whole car, you may be able to get away with it but be prepared to swap engine, computer(s), harness(es), gauge cluster, suspension, wheels, transmission, axle, driveshaft, halfshafts, exhaust and the list goes on

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
if you mean you can buy that thing for 1500.....DO IT!!! don't think about a swap, but buy it and post on here and on LXF that you have that drivetrain for sale, you will prolly easily triple your money, and still have the 300c clip to do the conversion on your car if your into that, or to sell THAT to someone who wants it as well

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
pm toddmsrt...he would prolly give you an idea on the demand for those drivetrains and what they are bringing, they just parted out his Msrt a few weeks ago

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanx for the input I will keep all this in mind when I am looking at the car. Maybe buy and sell this and add some stuff to the 3.5 then

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
^now theres a good plan....you could do a helluva lot to the 3.5 for what you can sell that drivetrain alone for....not to mention the 300c front clip

·
Double-U Tee Eff
3,065 Posts
bore out that 3.5L to a 4.0L and drop a cam from Inertia Motorsports. word on the street is Modern Muscle is makin' a cam for the 3.5L; plus, coupled with their supercharger, you've got yourself V6 that can outrun a stock RT easy!

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bore out that 3.5L to a 4.0L and drop a cam from Inertia Motorsports. word on the street is Modern Muscle is makin' a cam for the 3.5L; plus, coupled with their supercharger, you've got yourself V6 that can outrun a stock RT easy!
Hummmm

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I stopped by and looked at the top side of the car today and man its really messed up I dont know how anyone in the back seat would be alive. I am going back tomorrow so see it up in the air to make sure that the major parts are ok

·
Tuckin 24s!
449 Posts
I stopped by and looked at the top side of the car today and man its really messed up I dont know how anyone in the back seat would be alive. I am going back tomorrow so see it up in the air to make sure that the major parts are ok
take some pics if ya can.

·
180 RWHP 201 trq
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I stopped by again to see the car up in the air it was easy to see that other then the engine this car is toast the thans had a crack behind the pan and drive shaft output. both front fenders were bent due to all the twisting. I tryed to take a few pics but there was someone watching over my shoulder and big NO Camera's signs every were so I kindly said thanks but no thanks. I also told her is she received a "repairable" SRT to call me. She said she would call me when she gets another LX model car in. So options are still open...

I am expecting a child very soon but after that I am thinking of a V6 build or maybe the wife gets the Maggie and I get a Different car its all up in the air right now, becouse you never know what will come up for sale at a great price when you are not really looking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, ok, ok... BUT... IF someone wanted to do this swap, what would be needed. I saw the list up above but it said it goes on and on. It would definitely be a "labor of love" car that I would keep until the end of time and be buried in (cause, let's be honest, if I put that much time and effort into it, NOBODY drives it but me and it's not getting passed down).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts