Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have alot of it coming from my speakers how can i get ride of it i put the rca's and the power wire on two different sides of the cars. any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
PearlMag7 said:
i have alot of it coming from my speakers how can i get ride of it i put the rca's and the power wire on two different sides of the cars. any suggestions?
First of all is it the factory or aftermarket? If its aftermarket how many amps? If multiple amps what gauge of power and ground are you using? Bad ground's are 95% of engine noise. What you are experienceing is a ground loop problem. All the grounds from the amps need to be ground at the same point with the same gauge wire 8 or 10 gauge as close to the amps as possible. Also make sure you scrape away any paint or primer. Nice shiney bare metal is what you want. After grounding dab a little silicone to prevent rust or even use some touch up paint to protect the bare metal. Filters are just a band AIDE for a bad install and I would not use one. .02

·
Registered
40 Posts
PearlMag7 said:
In your other post you state you have an infinity amp 4 channel. The biggest and most inportant question is, what type of Rca's are you using. If you are using the elcheapo's they are a magnet for engine noise. Stinger and Phoenix gold are good for not induceing noise. But stinger and Phoenix gold also have the elcheapo's. Dont get the botton of the line, or the top of the line 100 bucks a pr for the top of the line. Get the happy medium and you will be ok.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got ride of the whine i put some monster cables in there then i grounded it to a better ground. that fixed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts