Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Engine Size

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to turn this into a "mine is better than yours" pissing contest. I am just wondering what the spread of the land is.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
5.7 here. Dealer tried to talk us into the 3.5l, but i wasn't having it. I bought a v6 with my first truck and always regreted not getting the V8. Not this time.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
M-Square Magnum said:
Well I already have a V-8 Caddy. So I didn't see a need for another gas guzzler right now. I love my 3.5!
Which model do you have? cts-v? My buddy has one of those and they are pretty quick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to go with the 5.7. My dealer also tried to talk me out of it because the "hemi" can be a bit of a handfull in the snow (I live in colorado) but I haven't had a problem yet.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
5.7L HEMI, it wasn't an option for me. When I saw the comcept in HOT ROD a few years ago, I told myself "if they make it, I'm gettin one". So on premier night at my local dealer, i got one. This car has been a blast so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
5.7 for sure.....mileage (on the sticker) was nearly the same as the 3.5, and the 6.1 is a guzzler. Practical performance is what I told the wife...same thing I said when I got the Borla exhaust and K&N Typhoon. They are for "Gas Mileage"! ;-)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I test drove a 5.7 L, and the punk dealer told me it was the 3.5 L. I was HIGHLY impressed, until I jumped out of the car (it was like 2100, or 9 pm) and saw the HEMI. I opted for the gas milage though, stupid wife. lol. Anyway, I'm still enjoying the power upgrade from my Malibu Maxx, but I miss a lot of the extras, like having to turn on my lights! WHO HAS TIME TO DO THAT NOW-A-DAYS?

·
Registered
10 Posts
5.7! The 6.1 wasn't around when I bought mine so got the 5.7. Told the wife that after owning V6's, the next car has to be a V8!

·
Registered
27 Posts
old school joe , i had fast cars for years but i had to work on them to get them to go fast ,i am tired of breaking my hump , true the srt 8 is a gas guzzler but its worth it, i waited 6 months to get mine i new it was going to be kuick , but not that quick taking it home from the dealer i got on it and my hair whats left of it went straight up in the air ,and it has all the comfort and accessories as a real expensive car , getting 14 around town and 20 on the highways,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well i decided to get the 2.7. I really wanted the 5.7 but was a little to much money. The 3.5 really wasnt impressive to me so i got the gas sipper and some 20s!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well i don't have one yet, but I was going to go with the 6.1L, but I want AWD, so I'm going with the 5.7L. I kinda need the AWD for the snowy winters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2.7 it was all i could afford for now, but i still like it. i would love more power, but from what i see theres not much i can do but to upgrade in the future, till then i am happy with what i have.

·
Registered
98 Posts
5.7L Hemi

It was karma that I ended up with a Hemi. A year and a half ago I bought an SXT and had a bunch of trans probs with it. The RT we bought just recently was the brand new 06 sitting on the show room floor when I had them find the original SXT. Been lovin' it ever since.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts