Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i noticed on the way back from buying the car the exaust had a bad resonation under acceleration , it drove me crazy , so i go to our local exaust shop , we put it on the lift , its got stainless headers to what looks like all stainless exaust , cats to x pipe , to mufflers , then out to the bumper , its a little off at the bumper so i say fix the noise and the tip hitting the bumper on one side , he says no problem , the mufflers have little to no packing that is your noise , two new mufflers and rebend your pipes 400. so he orders the new magnaflows , a week latter they come in , i drop it off , pick it back up today and it sounds the same , he know says its because of the aftermarket cats and maybe the xpipe.....other than the resonation it sounds great from the front seat , you dont want to sit in the back seat , its unbarable , before and now . its an awd with a 6.1

any suggestions ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if you rev it up a little it takes a longer time to idle back down than i am used to ...is that normal?

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Hmmm, IF you have a AWD with the 6.1 motor, you already have a heavily modded car no doubt. You can just add resonated tips to the rear at the bumper and it'll quited it down. ALL of mine are TOO QUIET!

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
The AWD didn't come with a 6.1. It could be a 5.7 block with 6.1 intake, or 6.1 heads and intake.

If you can get pics of the engine compartment from both sides and the front, it may help identify whats in there.

check the OD on the cat back pipe. 5.7 is 2.5 and 6,1 is 2.75.

Are the headers long or short tube? Are the mid pipes with cats stock or after market?

Adding rear reso's will probably quit it down if it doesn't have any.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it is a 6.1 , the car was a 5.7 but had a blown motor , this motor came from a dyno shop , it has short headers , aftermarket. thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts