Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a catback set up for my SXT. If somebody can show me where to order it from that would be great. Im thinking either flowmaster or magnaflow. I want deep and loud. I want people to think i have a small V8. Im not worried about drone, so ill probably not get a new res. I just want to click/buy, and bring it to a local shop to install. I want to branch off into duel. Im just lost, dont know the sizes of anything. Sorry for all this rambling and confusion.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also i was thinking about blastin bobs pipes, but i feel like shipping to canada would be pretty crazy, so im not sure once again.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just calculated shipping. $100 bucks.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I need a catback set up for my SXT. If somebody can show me where to order it from that would be great. Im thinking either flowmaster or magnaflow. I want deep and loud. I want people to think i have a small V8. Im not worried about drone, so ill probably not get a new res. I just want to click/buy, and bring it to a local shop to install. I want to branch off into duel. Im just lost, dont know the sizes of anything. Sorry for all this rambling and confusion.

Thanks
A V6 won't sound like a V8 no matter the exhaust but it will sound good. If you're not concerned with drone, just buy a Flowmaster super 44 muffler or a Magnaflow muffler with 1 inlet and 2 exits. Take it to an exhaust shop and let them provide the piping and the work. You might also order whatever tips you like too.

Flowmaster super 44

Flowmaster 9425472 - Flowmaster Super 44 Series Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Magnaflow

MagnaFlow 12158 - MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
A V6 won't sound like a V8 no matter the exhaust but it will sound good.
For real. I listened to sound clips for weeks, V6 and V8. It's a night and day difference, but there are some good sounding 6s out there. I'm pretty happy with how my SXT sounds with a Magnaflow muffler and Blastin Bobs 12db tips. It sounds nothin like a V8, but that's not what I was goin for. I know Demon's 2.7 sounds pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont plan on having it sound like a V8, just the nice rumbly sound. I think im going to go with the 14db blastin bobs kit, and the flowmasters 44 series. The blastin bobs have a y pipe, so im assuming i should get 1 in 1 out centered? If im wrong please let me know :) Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and everybody might think im a dumbass, but i think 5" tips look good.... there i said it! lol I dont want to look like a tonka truck, but i really think they look nice. Opinions?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I like em, the 1st time I seen em, I didn't even realize it until the guys were chatting about it, and I had to take a double take..." did he just 5" tips?" looks cool to me. I plan on doing 4" slanted/rolled

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like em, the 1st time I seen em, I didn't even realize it until the guys were chatting about it, and I had to take a double take..." did he just 5" tips?" looks cool to me. I plan on doing 4" slanted/rolled
I just like the tough look to it, but id love to see them in person. If i do go with blastin bobs they come with 4", so i dont really have an option there.

·
Registered
571 Posts
oh and everybody might think im a dumbass, but i think 5" tips look good.... there i said it! lol I dont want to look like a tonka truck, but i really think they look nice. Opinions?

Honestly, that looks killer! I might have to do something like that at some point.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so im glad im not the only one... Thought i was crazy for a minute. Ok last question quys. Inlet/outlet is 2.25 correct? im with blastin bobs y pipe im looking for a 1 in 1 out cenetered muffler?

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
ok, so im glad im not the only one... Thought i was crazy for a minute. Ok last question quys. Inlet/outlet is 2.25 correct? im with blastin bobs y pipe im looking for a 1 in 1 out cenetered muffler?
For a SXT, you want a 2.25 in/out, offset. Not centered. The Y pipe lines up.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
That muffler is shorter than stock. If you go with an 18" muffler, it's an easier swap if you're doin it yourself. You can just cut off at the stock muffler and attach the new muffler/tips, it all lines up and the tips are stickin out just past the bumper. That's what I did, anyway.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i think the overall length is 19" the case length is 13" i dont see any other sizes, so i assume thats the one?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
god i feel like an idiot tonight lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Magnaflow sells 18", sorry for the confusion. I can only speak from my personal experience with Magnaflow, but a Flowmaster 19" should work with some extra trimming. As long as it's oval shaped, 2.25 in/2.25 out (offset). It took me a few days of workin with mine to get everything to fit together nicely. LOTS of adjusting, trimming and frustration, but I got it to work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lots of drone from the big tips been there...I pulled my old system and had custom pipes made with a crosssover. Used cherry bombs because they fit perfectly under the tank. Cost is reasonable. Sounds great when you nail the skinny also I used the oval tips same as Mercedes; looks factory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts