Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, is there a difference in the exhaust manifolds of the 2.7L's and 3.5L's? I want to put some headers on but can't find any for my 2.7L but was able to find some for the 3.5L. If anyone has a clue as to where to get some for mine I'd gladly go that route but if the 3.5's will fit will go that route. Thanks in advance! 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
Totally different between the two. The exhaust flange for the pipe is the same and in the same location as a 3.5 will bolt to 2.7 exhaust pipes fine.
I haven't verified bolt spacing on the head but the basic casting is totally different. You could look up part numbers for exhaust gaskets and see if they use the same gasket. Or go to a parts store and compare them side by side or lay them on top of each other. If they match up, them 3.5's might work. Find a used set cheap and try it.
Personally, I think it's a waste of time and money. The 2.7 is by far a performance engine. Its lucky to survive normal use if treated really well. Start driving it hard and it'll die quickly most likely. It is only 180hp so even with headers, you might gain 10-20hp at best. This is far below a 3.5 at 250hp that is a much better engine. Even better is a 4.0. HP is the same but you get max torque almost instantly off idle clear to 6000 rpm. Way more bang for you buck. A lot more than a price of headers, but a lot more HP too.
Depends if you can do it yourself or not. May be better of getting a 3.5 car or a 5..7 version.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts