Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I hope you don't think this is a stupid question! I have a 2005 SXT with a power factory installed sunroof. Mine can just pop up or if you want it open all the way it'll recede back into the roof so you can't see it.

My question is and my husband and I think we're crazy because we didn't notice this when we bought the car. The sunroof when closed, isn't flush with the roofline. It is flush in the front but the back drops down about 1/4 inch or more. The roof doesn't leak, but shouldn't it sit flush with the roofline?

I haven't asked anyone else about this. I've never owned a car with a factory sunroof, but in looking at other cars, theirs sit flush (but are a different type and don't open like mine).

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, ive noticed this too on mine (05 magnum rt) but i also noticed that when im driving i can hear the wind pretty loudly. Air is getting through which didnt happen when i first got the car. im thinking it needs a quick adjustment but i dont know what to adjust. heh.

jch

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How irritating!

Update! My husband found an adjustment on the sunroof and now it sits flush with the roof, no more wind noise. BUT! Now, when I have the roof open & slid back, something is rattling like crazy when I get on bumpy roads. My husband thinks it's that piece that you can slide closed for when you don't have the sunroof open and don't want to look out. I have one, not sure if they all do.

I can't stand rattles, squeaks and such.....I also think I have a heat shield or something loose underneath because when I hit a bump it sounds like keys rattling together. My father found the shield that covers under the radiator was missing a bolt, he put one in, but I don't think it stayed because the noise is back!:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I only have a powertrain warranty and dealership wants 50.00 just to look at it. Im hoping to find out how to adjust it myself I only need approx. 1/4" and it looks like it would be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What I have discovered is that when I close my roof by pressing and holding the button all the way until it can no longer move, that is when my roof is out of alignment and will not close flush all the way. I discovered a small trick by accident (it might not even be a trick but I didnt know about it before).

When you are closing your roof, you close it all the way just like i described above, and then you hit the open button for about half a second-1 second and let go. I found that my roof is now flush again. No adjustments were needed, and I didnt pay a dime to anyone. This may not be a great solution, but it works. kudos.

JCH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts