Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally said [email protected]?! it n did it. I used fishing line to take off the Magnum and SXT emblems of da rear hatch. it was sooo easy. the fishing line cut like butter. No ghostn issues or traces left. it looks completely clean like nuthn was ever up there. I love how it looks now. I know I need to get some pix. I been b.s.n on dat. don't have my laptop at da moment to upload pix. Now im stuck on whether to Demould da sides or not. im not afraid of it leavn residue, cuz da car is an 08. im juss worried dat someone gonna open their door too wide n hit my unprotected(Demoulded) door. I love how they look Demoulded on da sides. It gives the car a clean, slick look to it. Help Me Decide fellow members? I like how it looks wit da molds but I want a sleeker look n different. Ye or Ne? LoL

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankx..I thnk ima juss leave da side Mouldings on for now. Too many people actn crazy n don't feel like havn to deal with my door being dented. Im 2 Undecisive at da moment. But I do love how my rear looks now...LMBAO u know what I mean.

·
Registered
799 Posts
demould it man
just park ways away from people
or next to a light

·
Premium Member
14,795 Posts
if its a question at all, i say take em off! nothing helps out and costs less, than getting rid of the mouldings. As far as door dings go, they really only stop part of em anyways, so your not really taking that big of a chance.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
demould it man
just park ways away from people
or next to a light
Agreed. I couldn't imagine parkin my Magnum next to another vehicle. Even if it's 2 degrees outside, I'm at the far end of the parking lot secluded from the other cars. Better have on your walkin shoes when you ride with me anywhere !

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
I always said I wouldn't demould... until I saw a demoulded Mag in person. It looks great, the paint reflection is insane, it's free and it's quick. It's your call, but I'm glad I removed mine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So is the side 'door ding' strip that holds on my chrome strip removable? The chrome sits in the blue strip... I was thinking it would have holes behind it? I honestly hate the look of the chrome strip down the side of my car and if I could get rid of the blue strip that holds on the chrome, I would be so much happier! That way I could remove the 'HEMI' emblem as well... I was thinking I would keep it since it lines up perfect with the side strip, but not if I can get rid of it all!

Sorry for ranting.. So is the side blue strip, under the chrome pinstripe, adhesive or have holes under it? I plan on doing the rear end (magnum, r/t and dodge logo) this weekend anyway..

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
hit it like a stormtrooper
2,472 Posts
Very cool. I love the de-moulding look. Very clean. I did it to mine a few weeks ago. I left the badges and still havnt decided if I am gonna delete them or not.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I was the same way. I thought, why would I take the moulding off. It looks good already. Then I took it off and said Damn! Why did I wait so long!!

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Hmmm, guess Tee and I are some of the few that love our badges!!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I took my badges off. I have a Mopar on the rear. I kind of like the side moldings. I like to be different. I think it adds to the lines of the magnum

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
So is the side 'door ding' strip that holds on my chrome strip removable? The chrome sits in the blue strip... I was thinking it would have holes behind it? I honestly hate the look of the chrome strip down the side of my car and if I could get rid of the blue strip that holds on the chrome, I would be so much happier! That way I could remove the 'HEMI' emblem as well... I was thinking I would keep it since it lines up perfect with the side strip, but not if I can get rid of it all!

Sorry for ranting.. So is the side blue strip, under the chrome pinstripe, adhesive or have holes under it? I plan on doing the rear end (magnum, r/t and dodge logo) this weekend anyway..
There are no holes under the mouldings if you remove them. It's held on with adhesive strips. Use fishing line to slide between the back of the strip where it attaches to the door and 'floss' until it starts to peel away. It's just like debadging but on a larger scale. Afterwords, use some bug/tar remover and a coat of wax where the mouldings used to be and you'd never even know they were there.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dnt think my thread would get this much attn. I feel special..lol BigVls, ur ride lookin very clean n sleek wit those side moulings takn off. I think 2morrow, ima finally remove mines. I do like how it looks with it, but looks Wayyy better off. hard to describe that clean look. well its a done deal, my fellow members said [email protected] it, n take the side mouldings off. I will when I get up n da morning then. =) that fishing line trick makes it sooooo easy. it cut through it like butter n gettn da rest of da glue residue off is no problem wit a wet rag. plus I got Scratch X juss an case of any difficulties. BigVLs, ur pix convinced me. I think I mighta seen ya rollin round b4. Im n Norfolk, VA. One of da only 08 Stone White Magnum SXT around here, at least dat I seen. I hope someone in a 2.7l doesn't try me thinkn im da same since no badges. Cuz ill dust em, I guess I hve a Sleeper now..LMBAO

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I got a 2.7 lol, i'm in norfolk all the time, i'll have to look out for ya...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good deal on taking the emblems off...Its up to you on the doors though. I did on my 08 but left them on my 06. I thought they looked right on the Inferno but like junk on the Bright Silver

Here it is on the silver...just didnt like it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts