Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today i had my stock muffler replaced with Flowmaster Super 44 series, supposedly the most agressive sounding. My exhaust was already modified b4 from when i had the exhaust resonator removed. I have the 3.5l 08 SXT. MAN, i love how she sounding now. She sounding better thn a lot of hemi ones ive heard around my area. She really has transformed and has a lovely growl to her. I took pix n sound clip will be coming soon. Also, just a single exhaust. 2.5 in. Tubing from muffler to tip on the end. Its new tubing from the previous mod so she was already freeflowing, minus stock muffler. I smiled so fendiously when he started it up and checked to make sure no leaks.
All i can say is, i Recommend Flowmaster Super 44 series on the sxt for a really mean sound. Sounds like an srt8 or somethin now..lol not dat good but close, honestly. No drone basically on the inside. Pix n sound clip coming soon. Ima really love driving the mag home this week for the holidays. My mag got her own sound now n i love it. Sounds perfect ;-). :cool30:

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Sounds like you're excited and happy with the work.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you're excited and happy with the work.
I cant lie, i am. Big bully probaly next, the Predator. I WOT briefly n she Howls now..lol. Ive been waiting a long time to do the exhaust and i bit the bullet over the weekend and bought the Flowmaster.

·
Registered
799 Posts
congrats bro
i had my reso cut off and wider pipe put on from muffler back, and i thought that was good. lol
get us a vid clip!
and get the intake soon!
it makes it sound even better

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,575 Posts
Congrats on the new exhaust; I love it on my R/T too!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ima stop b.s.n n make some sound clips soon. ;-)

·
Eh.. um.. I choose.. sandwich!
1,419 Posts
Probably one of the best mods i did on my SXT was the exhaust. I love it every time i hear it rumble.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I enjoy my SXT with the Charger Daytona setup as well. It will have to do for me until I can secure employment to buy a Hemi, the more I read of the Hemi the more I want to get my hands on one. Will be waiting for the sound clips and pics.

·
Rollin in the Mag
5,350 Posts
Thats awesome, Congrats !!!! I am gonna do somethin with my SXT exhaust this coming summer, I currently have the stock muffler and no resonator, usin the BlastinBobs reso delete pipe, I have been thinkin bout the Flowmaster 44. What size inlet and outlet is the muffler?? Was the Flowmaster the same length as the stock muffler or did you have to add some pipe?? Thanks in advance !!!!!

Doug

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The inlet outlet is 2.5 in. Offset. B4 i got exhaust done, i did the resonator delete. They had put new piping from muffler at that time cuz they actually deleted my muffler at first thinkn it was the resonator..lmfao. I came up here to check and verified they were wrong. They put my stock muff back on and put new piping with the resonator off.
Now when i got the flowmaster 44 series, they didnt have to add much. The flowmaster muff is a little shorter it seems thn stock muff, which i still have in the flowmaster box. Just in case i got pulled ova too many times..lol. None as of yet ;-). New muffler is way lighter thn stock and its all black. I have pix but im posting from my ipad cant upload pix from it to this forum unless there is an ipad app formthis forum. Plz let me know if there is..lol. I also have a big chrome tip thats peforated. Does that make itma resonated tip. It changed the sound a lil whn i had resonator delet only.
Anyways, i am truly pleased with it. I get alot of attn. Whn i start it up. Really sounds like a hemi or some kinda mustang gt or somethn. People tell me different cars..lol. Then if u downshift to lower gear 3 or 1, and let it coast, u would think its some kind of turbo or somethin. Hard to describe the sound im talkin about. Like that srt 4 sound sorta. Not backfiring sound, but that rumble when car slowing down. I love it.
Earlier today, at the car wash, a charger owner parked next to me. He just got it. Its an 09 SE. Looks nice. I was telling him about all the mods he could do to it. Then i said are u gonna get an exhaust. He said yeah, n he noticed my big tip or pipe from the back. I said watch this. I started my mag up n he was like OH SHIT...its sounds like the HEMI, even a lil better. Theres a Daytona charger that rides around my area n u woukd think i have a bigger engine based on sound alone. I love it..lmfao. Riding at low rpms it rumbles. U hit it, then it really starts Howling. U downshift gears, with automatic, sounds like an srt or somethn..hard tomdescribe that sound exhaust makes while downshifting and car slowing down.
Flowmaster 44 series only costed me $80 from autozone. I was like fck it, im READY TO RUMBLE n just bought it. Best mod ever so far on my mag.
If u go to the darkroom section n look at my thread on new pix, u will see the big chrome tip i have.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here we go, new pix of exhaust

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now i can post pix with the tapatalk app on my IPAD. ;-)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump
Pix of Install and Flowmaster 44 series. Plus u can see the new piping from the muffler back. I remeber a few folks asked me about it. So here it is..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey man do you have a video yet. Im still waiting anxiously on that...mostly because i want the most agressive exhaust, and you may just have it....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey man do you have a video yet. Im still waiting anxiously on that...mostly because i want the most agressive exhaust, and you may just have it....
Lmao not yet, ive been b.s.n on it. I got a new digital recorder so ill do it veryyy soon. It snowed here last night so not best weather for it.
looking good with the new flowmaster. got to thank the auto parts for quick mods.
thnkx n i know right!
Vid comin veryyy soon..lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts