Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well this is my first magnum and this is my first post on a forum ever. I joined cas I was looking for some knowledge on my new magnum. Specifically I wanted to inquire about exhausts and air intakes cas it seems like those are two performance mods I can make without breaking the bank and still making it look and sound awesome. I do have one concern thOugh and that is I live in the great state of new jersey and emissions and sound levels are pretty restrictive. So please don't suggest that I take off the catalytic converter or go straight pipe all the way back cas that just doesn't fly. Specifically i've been looking at a magna flow exhaust cas its cheap and because the sound both inside and outside the cabin won't be obnoxiously loud. As far as air filters go I was thinking cold air, but I'm open to suggestions.
Specifically I have a cool vanilla 05 sxt awd dodge magnum. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have a K&N CAI and i love it, but a lot of people on here seem to like Big bully which is a little better price, so id give that a shot, as for an exhaust im still on the same search as you. Our SXT's are single, and id like to go dual, and i want the most aggressive sound possible, so whatever you get done please make a video!!

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
Welcome from Illinois and congratulations on your purchase. There's an overwhelming amount of info on here when it comes to exhaust and air intakes. Plenty of members will jump in on this thread, but have you tried the search box for previous info ?

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
from a SIX MAGNUM family in North Carolina.

If I was on a tight budget like we all our and I was just starting on our SXT; I got with the Big BULLY CAI and a "BLASTIN BOB'S single into dual set up ~ Both are reasonably priced and YOU can get all of this at the same place...
a vendor here: 3GCustomz.com. Or contact RADGLENN for help and pricing! You can't go wrong with Ken and Gary at 3GCustomz! Believe me, my wife TEE and I have bought TONS of stuff from them!

Best of luck on getting started on your modding ~ BE CAREFUL ~ IT ADDICTIVE and we have SIX to play with!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like those cai's and the price is pretty good too. I do have a question though. When researching cai's I heard a lot about hydrolock occurring when water got in or around the air filter. Those big bully ones looked high enough in the engine compartment for this to not really be an issue at all. Am I wrong for thinking this or is hydrolock really a big issue when it comes to cai's? And I will say blasting bobs sound awesome, but I don't think I'd be able to get through inspection without rear mufflers.

·
Premium Member
18,999 Posts
Welcome from the MotorCity, Michigan!!

HI! I never have read of any hydro-lock problems with our cars and the CAI's, yes the BB does site nice and high... as for the BlastinBobs, the rear mufflers are resonators and I don't see any problems with them and inspections... where are you located??

Be sure to Check out Welcome to 3GCUSTOMZ.COM!!! for your Modding needs

or give me a PM and I will try to help you out!

Just a sampling of what we DO!

UAS Air Suspension
Vertical doors from VDI
Quality Fiberglass from Karl's Kreations
Exhaust systems from Blastin Bobs
Big Bully intakes and Catch Cans
Full line of SLP products
AAC
R1 Concepts brakes
Engine dress-up sheet-metal, ABS Cover, Coolant Cover, Engine cover inserts, Firewall inserts!
We also offer CAD design and Water Jet Services

Glenn

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Welcome from NC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts