Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing several installs of custom switch panels in lx cars, I decided to give it a shot. I got the knob and switches from radio shack and the abs plastic from a car audio shop 12x12 (Car Tunes Stereo) for around 3 bucks. They also cut it so size for free since I'm a long time customer.

The knob is for the bass, the first switch is for the bass amp, the second for the parking brake (to allow me to watch tv while I'm driving), and the third will be for the LED's either in the back or the fog light replacements.

While I had all that out, I took out the shifter bezel and the ash tray, sanded, primed, and sprayed them flat black. Took me a dozen tries to get it right, but it finally came out decent. I'm going to do the bezel one more time since I handled it too quickly and it could use another coat or so.

Next up, I'm focused on my sub floor in the rear hatch. I was going to go with a wood floor and stain it back, but I think I'm going to just use MDF and wrap it in carpet...

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
Great job ~ Looks awesome!!!!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good man. What bass amp u running that has that knob
The amp is a Hifonics Brutus, but it has nothing to do with the bass knob. I bought a universal bass knob made by PAC audio .....

Then I bought this from Radio Shack....
Silver Tone Knurled Knob - RadioShack.com

simply removed the knob from the LC-1, then replaced it with the one from radio shack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts