Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get bored with things pretty quick. So I thought I'd rip off the molding and badges to see how the Mag looked. I am very pleased with the look! However, I ran into this under the molding!

I pulled off everything except the rear R/T since that was drilled onto the back. But I plan on shaving the back this winter anyway. I'm just really pissed about the cracking in my paint. it's inbetween where the 3M tape was and I don't think it will buff out. I took my high speed drill, buffer, and rubbing compound to it for a good while....But I could try color sanding. I guess I'll have to distract the judges during shows somehow now!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like the clean look with the trim off myself , are you going to put it back on to cover the paint till you can get it fixed or just roll with it like it is ? Does the trim bend in any way when you take it off ? Would it go back on very easy ?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Don't know what kind of damage you're talking about under the moldings but the color variance should even out over a week or so, mine did.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep it like this for now. The trim is in good shape. But the clear coat has come off in places on it. So I would need to sand and repaint that. That isn't hard to do. The trim comes off really easy if you use fishing line and saw at it. It comes off without bending the trim. I think these two little strips of pitting is better than how my trim was starting to look anyway.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill if you look at the close up pic...those white speckles are not the sparkle in the paint. They are pits along with some micro spider webbing. You can feel it, I think it's pretty deep. Still though, you are right about the look with it debadged. It's KILLER when parked out in the open! I love it.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Bill if you look at the close up pic...those white speckles are not the sparkle in the paint. They are pits along with some micro spider webbing. You can feel it, I think it's pretty deep. Still though, you are right about the look with it debadged. It's KILLER when parked out in the open! I love it.
Looks better for sure Jerrod. These doors are tall and straight. They need to be shown off and IMO, that's best done without the moldings breaking things up.

·
Meet Celeste
4,660 Posts
Yup same here Jerod I'd rather have the moldings off with some bubbling then have them on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts