Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my first chance to take the Mag to the Albuquerque Dragway on Friday. This is the first car I've owned worth taking to the track, so this was my first time at a track.

I ran a consistent 15.4xx at about 91mph on a pretty much stock RT with a 93 Octane Predator tune. Stock RT rims and street tires. All runs were done with ESP on, starting her off in Autostick 1 and letting it auto upshift. I planned to try a few other techniques, including starting with the revs up higher but a Mustang decided to spray oil all over the track, shutting it down for an hour and a half for them to clean it up. :pat:

Let's just say it'll be easy to see any improvements I make since there's so much room for improvement. Haha.

Definitely gotta work on my launches, kept getting a bit of spin.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Rotten tomatoes for a super slow time? Haha.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,571 Posts
Of all the cars we have I have only taken BLUE, my everyday driver RT to our local 1/8 mile track and had a blast. I have my spare tire, stereo speakers, everything in the car. I did have 20" wheels and 143,000 miles with ONLY a cold air intake. Who CARES ~ it was awesome. My times averaged 7.6 and 74 - 76 mph.

I AM DYING to take my Super Charged 300SRT there one day/car dyno'd at 663RWHP.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've never been able to take mine to the track. The nearest track is about an hour away and only has open track night on Wednesdays. Sucks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to see the slips from your Supercharged 300SRT at a 1/4m track. I bet she'd fly!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sounds like you had some fun!! I am finally ready for the track. I will be heading there this weekend. Trying to get my brother to bring his 2014 gt500 for a shootout! We have a score to settle lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be a fun matchup. I definitely had a blast, I can't wait to start making some improvements and go again. Here's a pic someone took. Too bad some dude is standing in the way. Haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Lol guy had to stand right there ! At least you have a picture ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts