Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

Flight control stick out of a Military Huey Helicopter for shifter. Pics inside

28K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Wexy21 
#1 ·
I found a control stick on Ebay for a good price (they are not cheap). So I decided to make it into my shifter and have the buttons functional.
1: replaced all of the buttons and gutted the stick
2: sanded and repainted
3: bought new buttons and what-nots from Radioshack
4: re-wired all of the new buttons with longer, better wire
5: installed a push button start that goes to my new RFID hands free start and alarm system
6: using the pinky button for horn (it isn't a on/off switch)
7: using the thumb button for the LED's
8: the toggle switch will do something...just don't know yet
9: the trigger is just for looks.

See less See more
Reactions: B-Rock
#2 ·
Impressive....love to see a video of it all working. Just my 2 cents here, but I'd suggest possibly having foglight on/off switch in it for the one you don't know about yet. Wipers would be cool too...but the intermitten shit and everything would be a nightmare, same with headlights...

#6 ·
That is really AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
I would rig the no ESP mod to the empty switch. Oh and beans for the sweet one off creation.

#12 ·
Thanks! The wiring won't be too much trouble. It is a lot, but I think I'll do alright. Thanks for the suggestion on the ESP. I think I'm going to do that! That's a good idea. I also changed my mind on the toggle switch. I'm going to buy an electronic cut-off valve for my exhaust and use that for the switch.

#15 ·
Thanks! The wiring won't be too much trouble. It is a lot, but I think I'll do alright. Thanks for the suggestion on the ESP. I think I'm going to do that! That's a good idea. I also changed my mind on the toggle switch. I'm going to buy an electronic cut-off valve for my exhaust and use that for the switch.
are you going to consider the ejection seat also?
LOL(I love that video)

#16 ·
Yeah that video is AWESOME! It gave me the idea for the cut-off valve. I already have one for my Buick but didn't even think about doing one on the Mag.

#17 ·
The DMH electric cutouts are very cool and like D-Lash said we have them on TWO of our cars.

Here is a short video of Tee's 05 R/T with 154,xxx miles on that car...

#19 ·
Hey that looks familiar! Apparently they are commonly used as plaques and trophies. I seen a real one on Ebay like that for around $500. This brass one would be kinda hard to modify. But cheap! Maybe you could cut off the base and drill a hole for the shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.