Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to put foot well lights in the front. I want to be able to have them come on when the doors are opened or when the dimmer switch is all the way up (to turn on the interior lights). I pulled apart the front part of the dash where the headlight/dimmer switch is and found another connection. Could I use this connection for foot well lights i am wanting to install? Or could someone tell me what wires I need to tap into?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
805 Posts
they operate on the dome lights, doors open lights on, door closed they slowly dim off, i turn the switch up for the dome lights to come on they come on aswell, theres three wire on the connector it would help for u to have a power tester because i cant remember which one to use.. tap into the black for ground and one of the other two is the one that controls the dimmer... ill go pop my pillar n take a few pics for u

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Sounds like a good mod to do, what did you use for light fixture???

Mounting???

Bob

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome thanks man. I am using LED strips from AAC and I have seen several other posts on LX saying that you should use a resistor. Did you use one?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I used ebay leds... It has 3m on the back of them but doest hold up well to carpet. I put a dab of super glue on the middle and each end it did the trick. No resistors needed just straight wire and tada!!
\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts