Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 Dodge Magnum the 3-point v 8 I had a deer couple weeks ago and I want to change it over to a challenger frontier how do I go about it and what parts do I need to get if you will please contact me back

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you look closely at the Dodge Challenger and the Dodge Charger side view, the top of the fender on the Challenger has a tighter radius curve at the front of the door than the Charger (same as Magnum). You would need to either fit a set of Challenger doors (porbably not possible) or cut the front off of a set of charger doors and a set of challenger doors, and weld the Challenger door front to the Charger door front to make the fenders ftiproperly. The other waqy to do it would be to cut part of the Charger fender sheet metal off, and also cut off part of the Challenger fender off and then weld the rear curved part of the Challenger fender to the Charger fender. In either case you are looking at a lot of metal work.

The new style front fenders of the Charger look like they might fit the first gen Chargers & Magnums, but the Challenger looks totally different.

·
Registered
88 Posts
After I wrote this, I went to a reataurant to pick up to go dinners for my wife and I. I parked next to a new Charger with my 2006 Magnum. Looking at the 2 cars virtually everything forward of the firewall would need to be replace in terms of body parts. I'm still not sure the fenders would blend. The new style body has some crisper lines at the top of the fenders that might not blend with the softer curves of the Magnum body. The top of the fenders are wider on the new Charger body than they are on the Magnum and the hood is probably 2" narrower. I think any attempt to use either the front end of a Challenger or the newer Charger front end on a Magnum is liable to look like the Cadillac that Johnny Cash sang about taking it home from the factory one piece at a time over a period of years!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts