Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My front passenger side feels soft and has a very slight wobble in the steering wheel. Not a constant wobble, it comes and goes. It was pullin toward that side tonight, but a few miles later it wasn't pullin at all. This was highway speed. The spongy feeling is just overall. The driver's side is stiff and tight in comparison. It doesn't wobble when I brake OR steer, only when I'm cruisin. Last summer I replaced the lower ball joint, tension strut, tie rod end, rotors and had an alignment. I haven't hit any pot holes. My sway bar links, struts and springs are 3 years old (DropZone). Does this sound like an inner tie rod goin bad ? It was slightly wearing last year when I checked it, but didn't seem nearly bad enuff to replace yet. I don't really know what else it could be. Could the soft feeling be a strut wearing ? It's crappy DZ, I wouldn't doubt it.

·
keep calm? IT'S GOT A HEMI!
8,394 Posts
Bad tire possibly? Check pressure?

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Check the shocks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
That was my first thought when the ride felt too soft but would that explain the slight wobble/pulling to one side that I'm havin ? I know my rear passenger side is bad.
You'll be very surprised by how the feel of your ride changes when you upgrade to coilovers. It'll really feel like a totally different car.

·
Registered
809 Posts
+1 Strut

I would check the wheel bearing too.

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
my right front tire just starting leaking air, the past 2 weeks, i fill it up to 36 psi and in a week its down to about 20-25, and makes the front right side of the car feel soft as well..

inner tie rods will do it too, dont be suprised...everything in my front end is less than 6 months ol now, except for th emoog inner tie rods i put last year, i should have changed those too 6 months ago, cause there was a slight bit of play in them, i figured would last me till next year, but everything else being new i think wore them out faster than i expected..

lastly, sway bar bushing, they just start feeling soft out of no where, i changed mine less than 6 months ago as well, but for 10-15 bucks a set, i think im going to change them every 6 months, they make such a difference when they are new and fresh too..

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
How do I do that ?
The bearings are sealed in the hubs. Get the front off the ground and grab the wheel and see what kind of play or movement you have.

·
your my boy blue...
5,221 Posts
all u need to remove the inner tie rod is a 21mm or 22mm, i forget the exact size, open end wrench, or if u dont have one of those, a monkey wrench has been known to work also...

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
all u need to remove the inner tie rod is a 21mm or 22mm, i forget the exact size, open end wrench, or if u dont have one of those, a monkey wrench has been known to work also...
Ahh. I don't have one of those either. Either way, it looks like an easy project. I'll be inspectin everything once I get under there. Gotta love the front end of these cars. What a joke. I've learned a lot about suspension/steering cuz of it, guess it's not all bad.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
check your bushings. how many miles does your car have?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts