Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the manual a while back that you NEED the remote for the garage door opener to program the buttons in your car to "intercept" the frequency and then your button will act as the remote... Well I live in a rental house and there is no remote . Is that the only way to get your buttons to work ? Just a pain to open the garage back out the car get out shut it go in then go out the front door. Guess it could be worse :S Thanks ahead of time for input.

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
That's the only way. The remote has to be activated when the car is in "learning mode" so that it can adapt the correct frequency.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was affraid of that ... thought there might be a trick around it but oh well , thanks for the feed back Mr. Fireman

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Was affraid of that ... thought there might be a trick around it but oh well , thanks for the feed back Mr. Fireman
If there is a trick or way around it, I'm unaware of it.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
On my new genie garage door opener, there is a program button on the unit its self. I had to press that and then button on the remote so the remote learns the signal from the main control unit. (Reverse of what's stated above) Same for the button in my wife's Edge. My mag does not have the home link option.

Sent from my magnum.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
appriciate the feedback guys , much appriciated

·
Registered
789 Posts
You could always go buy a remote for the garage door opener. The openers I have had all have a button on them that allows the unit to sync to a certain number of remotes. Think most remotes are around $30 range and you could just take it with you when/if you move and program it to your new opener. And then you could also use the remote to set up your in car function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts