Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mod Gnome Wrangler
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent the day yesterday at the "other" forumZ "Meet in the Mountains" at Smokies Stadium in Sevierville, TN. Only 5 Magnums again this year -- seems the Challenger crowd gets larger and larger every event. It was fascinating to watch a Magnum hurdle through the autocross, almost made me want to give it a try (almost) -- not sure I could do it without getting lost in the cones though.
Here's a link to my photos and some video of the autocross action --

Gatty5

·
Shaolin Ch'uan Fa
18,841 Posts
Get togethers are always fun. Thanks for sharing Doug.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
cool pictures! I love the plum crzy chally with all the air brushing in the engine bay. On the course video, was that an SRT6 crossfire?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Man, autocross sure looks fun, especially when you can get out of control with no consequences.

·
Mod Gnome Wrangler
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be great to have some more Magnums there -- Magworks made it down from MI and the Black Magnum SRT8 in the autocross video had New York plates ( they rolled in later in the afternoon so I didn't have a chance to meet them). The winner of the autocross was the SRT6 Crossfire -- very impressive running the course.

·
where's my airbrush??
14,795 Posts
im still pissed i missed it doug.....im ready for life to quit getting in the way!

looks like you all had a great time though!

·
Fab HO
1,015 Posts
It would be great to have some more Magnums there -- Magworks made it down from MI and the Black Magnum SRT8 in the autocross video had New York plates ( they rolled in later in the afternoon so I didn't have a chance to meet them). The winner of the autocross was the SRT6 Crossfire -- very impressive running the course.
Thanks for posting up the pics Doug..It was good to see you again and to take the trophy away from you..lol

im still pissed i missed it doug.....im ready for life to quit getting in the way!

looks like you all had a great time though!
Wish you could have made it too Ross..I hope everything calms done soon,thinkin about you my friend.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,568 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing the pictures Doug. I would have loved to have came but just couldn't swing it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Black Magnum with the NY tags that ran the Autocross was my buddy Mike (MJR5150 on other forums). We had just bolted them vipers on his Maggie the day of the road trip so he was "Testing" (wink wink) those tires out. He was so disatisfied with the traction or lack thereof that as soon as he got back to NY they were replaced with a set or Vred's. Unfortunately, we rolled in late for the carshow/autocross because one of our buddy's broke down in route from Michigan to Gatty and were waiting for him to roll in together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts