Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Magnum Owners,
I recently replaced all of my incandescent lights on my 08 SRT8 with LEDs. I even replaced the front and rear chrome strips with LED strips- Cool white in front and Orange-red in rear.
When I replaced the amber rear directional bulbs with LEDs, my flasher began ticking double time. I am confident this is due to the change in impedance from the std bulb to the LED.
Does anyone have experience with this issue? Perhaps someone knows the value of a resistor that might be placed in that circuit to match the original impedance?
Any assist very much appreciated.
Joe Saldarini
XLR8ER in NC

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
When I changed to those in my 2006 Mag SRT, I blew two fuses. Dumped them in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Check eBay. I know I've seen resistors specifically for the problem you are having. They're pretty cheep too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings Magnum Owners,
I recently replaced all of my incandescent lights on my 08 SRT8 with LEDs. I even replaced the front and rear chrome strips with LED strips- Cool white in front and Orange-red in rear.
When I replaced the amber rear directional bulbs with LEDs, my flasher began ticking double time. I am confident this is due to the change in impedance from the std bulb to the LED.
Does anyone have experience with this issue? Perhaps someone knows the value of a resistor that might be placed in that circuit to match the original impedance?
Any assist very much appreciated.
Joe Saldarini
XLR8ER in NC[/QUOTE)

What led strips did you use for your front and rear bumpers? Also do have any pictures with them on the bumpers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts