Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Haven't posted on here in quite some time. I'm happy to say I still have my magnum which just turned 106k and going strong.

I have however run into a problem today. I found that when getting out of the car (ignition off key out) the radio continues to play after I open the door as if the door were shut or the accessories still on. I turned the key a couple times with the door shut and took it out again. That got it to turn off. The part that really got me was that when I got done with work a few hours later I went back to my car and the radio was on again. Gremlins I tell ya.

Anyone ever run into something like this? Ignition switch on its way out maybe? It's got me stumped.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

-Bob

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
My radio stays on even after the key is out. It stays on about 5 minutes or until I open the door. That part's normal. Dunno why it would still be on a few hours later. That's weird and could very well be Gremlins. LOL.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The odd part was that with the key out I opened the door and it stayed on. Then I did a little jiggle with the key and got it to turn off. Then I found it back on after a few hours. I guess that's what I get for feeding it after midnight.

·
Registered
327 Posts
on a normal mag, as long as the door is closed it will stay on 10 min, if u open the door than pull the key, it will also stay on until its shut and repopned, y is it on after hours??????. do u have a stock unit?.

·
If only I could stop moddin'
732 Posts
Old thread, but i'm having this problem also....along with my headlights coming on when in the off position.

I shut off the car (no headlights on) lock the door with keyless entry or any other method. Headlights will turn on. When I open the door using the key in the cylinder they'll shut off when I open the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.