Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one put in a billet grill. i have one comin this week, but didnt want to pay over $100 for install @ dealer. any tips?

·
Registered
320 Posts
pop the plastic rivits on top of the fascia and you can do it all by reaching in. You don't have to remove the fascia to do it. I even did the lower grille without taking it off.

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
tlrche said:
how do you install the lower grill [ bumber ] inserts?
It probably depends on which grill you have and how it is attached. I have the Carriage works billet grille and didn't have to remove the bumper. Although it would have been a lot easier. I took out a couple of bolts underneath so I could get one hand in there and somehow manage to get the thing attached. It would also have been easier with another person around.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I used a pencil to line up the bracket and hold it in place frmo the front of the car (with the fascia on) then tightened da screws. Much quicker than removing the front fascia.

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
It's a pretty easy install. Save the $100 on an installer. Just take your time and you will be fine...

·
Proud Magnum Owner
217 Posts
How did you manage to get that grille in place? I purchased black powdercoated billet grille and for the life of cannot get them installed. like you i would prefer to do it myself and the install fee. Did you do any drilling? Any advice will help. Oh yeah your car looks sweet!!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
How did you manage to get that grille in place? I purchased black powdercoated billet grille and for the life of cannot get them installed. like you i would prefer to do it myself and the install fee. Did you do any drilling? Any advice will help. Oh yeah your car looks sweet!!!!
It looks like he didn't cut the origonal grill, if you back off, you can see the horisontal bar, that kinda looks like it's hidden. Further back it would be really visible. I would recomend using masking tape on the sides of those 2 bars, then cutting them off with a sawsall. Pull the masking tape off toward the actual cut, so any paint doesn't peel off. Get some black, or your color, touch up paint to touch up the 'cut', so the plastic can't be seen. I watched a shop do it on a 1500 grill that makes the thing look like a Chrysler... they cut out the vertical and horizontal bars as one piece, just cut the + out of the center, it turned out sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts