Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am pleased to announce that testing is finally complete for the V6 Ported Throttle Bodies and we are ready for production! For those of you who have no seen our past threads, I have been working closely with Billet Tech and with my own research to develop a ported throttle body for both the 2.7L and 3.5L Mopar V6 engines. After numerous independent beta testers had reported gains we turned to the dyno for proof. The ported TB produced gains of +/- 5hp and 5tq. Our independent testers have also reported increased throttle response and more power on the top end.

Without further ado, I am proud to announce a V6 Ported Throttle Body group buy!!

Pricing and Group Buy Arrangements:

5 TBs.... $325 +shipping
10 TBs.... $310 +shipping
15 TBs.... $295 +shipping

We have opted not to offer a core exchange program because of the turn around time that occurs waiting for people to return their cores and also the cleaning required to make the used TBs sellable again. If you would like us to port your throttle body as opposed to buying our new ones the charge is $160 plus shipping (no quantity restrictions).

We need a minimum of 5 orders to make this happen and we require half down ($160) up front. We will notify you when your unit is ready to ship at which time we require the remaining half to be paid. All payment will received through PayPal. Please send payment to the PayPal address [email protected][/EMAIL"][email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Photos:

·
You aint ready for this yet!!!
2,468 Posts
:bump: Trust me I have this in my 2.7 and the throttle response time is so much better than before. My car feels so much better and I sill have not put my chip in or intake and exhaust. I love the way my car feels and anyone in the Tristate area can come and see if they dont believe me the difference shows.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were the dyno results done on a stock engine or mild modded engine?

And who does the porting?

Thanks for some answers.
The dyno tests were done on Nathan's (BritishNate) car on a DynoDynamics dynometer. DynoDynamics is known for real world accuracy because it accounts for vehicle weight and operating conditions into its load so the numbers are extremely conservative and the numbers produced are what the car actually puts down on the street and not just sitting on rollers. As far as his mods, his car has typical bolt ons mods as well as the Inertia V1.1 cams. Wildrider has one on his stock 3.5L Challenger, sacottelli has one on his stock 3.5L Magnum, SUPREME220 and NYCTntMag both have them on their 2.7L. All have reported gains in throttle response and top end performance. None of the testers are affiliated with myself or BilletTech. BilletTech does the porting work.

·
Look into my eyes
896 Posts
The dyno tests were done on Nathan's (BritishNate) car on a DynoDynamics dynometer. DynoDynamics is known for real world accuracy because it accounts for vehicle weight and operating conditions into its load so the numbers are extremely conservative and the numbers produced are what the car actually puts down on the street and not just sitting on rollers. As far as his mods, his car has typical bolt ons mods as well as the Inertia V1.1 cams. Wildrider has one on his stock 3.5L Challenger, sacottelli has one on his stock 3.5L Magnum, SUPREME220 and NYCTntMag both have them on their 2.7L. All have reported gains in throttle response and top end performance. None of the testers are affiliated with myself or BilletTech. BilletTech does the porting work.
So will a dyno test for ported tb's on stock engines be done anytime soon?

Actual dyno sheets are preferred (not trying to be a jerk) over butt dynos.

Thanks again.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So will a dyno test for ported tb's on stock engines be done anytime soon?

Actual dyno sheets are preferred (not trying to be a jerk) over butt dynos.

Thanks again.
Dyno sheets were provided for Nate's car. Unless someone else wants to fund future testing I see no reason. The most noticeable gains are primarily in throttle response anyhow which cannot be measured in any quantitative method.

how long of a wait before i can get mine back if i sent it in?
5 days to allow for shipping. This week isnt good because of SpringFest.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weekend bump! Any one wanna get one from me at SpringFest to save shipping?

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so do we have to send ours in? or are we getting another one and returning our stock one as a core?
Nope, these are being sold as a new part without core exchange. Core exchange is way to much of a hassle with people digging extra throttle bodies out of junk yards or flooded cars; the ones we get back end up with corrosion all over them and baked on oil residue. Hardly seems fair to trade a brand new part for a one in that sort of condition. Its not worth the time trying to make them presentable again.

I will have a couple of throttle bodies that are ported "used" cores in like new condition and for those attending SpringFest we can swap them out at the event as a core exchange if their throttle body is in good condition.

·
Magnified
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok well good to see some commitment here guys .... and ya wonder why vendors rarely develop V6 parts.

Regardless I will have a unit with me for show at SpringFestival. Its one I hand ported so not quite as cool as CNC but its what I could do within the time constraints. I'll bring a signup list for those who want to get in on this.

·
Registered
908 Posts
:bump: Trust me I have this in my 2.7 and the throttle response time is so much better than before. My car feels so much better and I sill have not put my chip in or intake and exhaust. I love the way my car feels and anyone in the Tristate area can come and see if they dont believe me the difference shows.
I need 2 know how much u paid for ur ported throttle body on ur 2.7 I have my exhaust done and Big Bully CAI on. Hit me wit a PM as soon as u can.

·
"CREEPLIFE...SOOOWOOO"
3,722 Posts
Ryan did mines 74mm, to tell you the truth i can't tell anymore i have done so much to my car. But you can feel a better throttle response. I would like to add also when he was making them they were done by hand, with out a cnc machine.

·
Registered
908 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts