Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VinylDecals.com
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the GS Supercharger kit reliable enough for a daily driver? Are there any other supercharger kits out there? I have Paxton, Magnusun, and Vortech all within 20 minutes of me. Has anyone contacted these companies for a kit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
steve said:
Is the GS Supercharger kit reliable enough for a daily driver? Are there any other supercharger kits out there? I have Paxton, Magnusun, and Vortech all within 20 minutes of me. Has anyone contacted these companies for a kit?
There have been a couple of guys from a different forum have the kit installed..one lost his motor due to a faulty fuel controller, the other one was having oil leak issues (that have been corrected) with the blower itself. I honestly don't think the 5.7 is built for a blower due to the high ring lands..
In other words the top piston ring is very closeto the top of the piston making the top of the piston weaker. And the rods are "powder" as opposed to the 6.1 which has forged rods.... just my 2 cents

·
Major Mag Nut
4,140 Posts
GS Motorsports plans on having their own pistons for the 5.7L in the near future to eliminate that problem. They have a 300 with over 9,000 hard miles on it that runs awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was thinking they would be doing that, I wonder if they are considering rods as well?? Heck if you are doing one, you might as well do they other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts