Custom Dodge Magnum Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people's thoughts on these?
I'd like to get the tinted look, but still be able to take them off to avoid getting hassled by the police.

Thanks.

·
CMOM FOR DEC 08
26,574 Posts
Me, personally, I like 'em! (Just don't have any though)

·
GNR=Gun it N run it!
1,405 Posts
I had em and they were cool. They don't really sit flush though. But if you wanted the look without spraying your stockers, they are the way to go.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had them for a while and they really black them out. I got hassled by a few officers but not ticketed. Also for the price I could have tinted like 3 sets of lights for the price of the covers. I finally had to go away from them when one of them flew off going down the highway because the velcro failed. Just gave me motivation to tackle the tint job.

·
Who's on 1st
7,278 Posts
As long as u use the VHT and cover the reverse lights and make sure those are visible you should be fine mine are blacked out and i havent been stopped yet knocking on wood as we speak

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm still trying to decide which way to go lol.

·
MR 3 FIFTEEN
12,413 Posts
IMO, they're too dark. They don't let enuff light thru. I had the GTS headlight covers on my first car and I think the spray tint is a much cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO, they're too dark. They don't let enuff light thru. I had the GTS headlight covers on my first car and I think the spray tint is a much cleaner look.
My friend has some GTS covers on his Eclipse and they let a good amount of light through.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
IMO, I like the masked off reverse light portion better. Thats how I did mine,

·
GNR=Gun it N run it!
1,405 Posts
I actually just ordered headlight covers. My tail covers were more visible then my VHT tinted ones. Get em, they are a pretty good product. Light shines through just fine IMO.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It's a good way to get tinted tails without doing anything permanent. I think they look good too.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually just ordered headlight covers. My tail covers were more visible then my VHT tinted ones. Get em, they are a pretty good product. Light shines through just fine IMO.
Yeah, a buddy of mine has a pair on his Eclipse.

IMO, I like the masked off reverse light portion better. Thats how I did mine,
I'd like to do that too. But I have condensation in the passenger side rear and I'm not ready to break the seal and fix it yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts